Unable to Schedule "OFF" using Hub 2242-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Schedule "OFF" using Hub 2242-222

I have not set any schedules on this hub for several years but have done so in the past. I currently have an important need to set several device schedules and have been stopped cold by the Insteon app;

Model 2242-222 Ver 1.9.8 (236) on Android 9

I'm able to schedule "ON" events by time and sunset/sunrise options, but I am unable to Schedule "OFF" using the same steps... either by selecting "Off Time" or by toggling the "PWR" button in the schedule screen.

I know this unit is old, but it has met my needs for years and it would be a shame to have to trash can it because the app has a problem.

This is obviously an app issue since things never get to the event upload point.

The Insteon Play store entry shows that version 1.9.8 (2017) is the current version.

Any suggestions on third party apps such as "Homeboy for Insteon Hub" including security issues?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom,

Beverly Howard

>> Create a second scene <<

That defiantly qualifies as a "work around" ;-)
    Thanks... I'll keep that one in my hip pocket for the future.

Following your response, I decided to go back and take a few more cracks at the problem...

Finally, after multiple additional attempts... Success! ....but amazement at how terrible and misleading the Insteon interface is for users.

The first "ah ha" was that the "ON/OFF" button in the setup screen has nothing to do with turning the device ON or OFF
    ...the button in that screen activates and deactivates the scheduled event.

The next problem was a bit trickier. After I set up a time, I tapped the "AM" flag and saved the event.

Unfortunately, the time was correct, but it was set to "PM" rather than "AM"

After several unsuccessful attempts, I attempted to think like the programmer who wrote the code.

When you set up a schedule the screen defaults to the current time... 9:30pm in tonight's case. I wanted to set the on time for 8:30am...so...

Instead of clicking the AM "flag" I scrolled the hour back 13 hours from 9pm to 8am... and I noticed that the am/pm flag changed when noon was passed and the scheduled on/off time was finally correct.

Thanks again for the response,
    Beverly

Comment

I had the same issue. I spent all night trying to get the "Off" schedule to set. Luckily, I develop these types of Apps for a living and have access to both Android and Apple devices. Once I tried setting the "OFF" schedule using an iPad I immediately saw that the "ON/OFF" button was really a "Disable/Enable" button. This is by far one of the worse user interfaces I've seen in my 40 years as an Engineer.

Comment

Working...
      X