Hub and UniFi Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub and UniFi Not Working

I have a network that is comprised of mostly UniFi equipment. My Insteon Hub is connected via ethernet to my primary switch and has worked well until the past few weeks. The UniFi gateway IPS system throws multiple errors about a Heap Spray Sting. Example below. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this and/or thought about how to fix. That IP resolves to an Amazon AWS instance, so it could be Insteon, but I am uncertain.

Code:
    IPS Alert 1: Executable Code was Detected. Signature ET SHELLCODE Common 0a0a0a0a Heap Spray String. From: 13.33.231.70:80, to: [LAN IP of Insteon Hub]:2709, protocol: TCP
    Other ports detected:

There was an update to the Insteon Hub 2 firmware at about the time this started showing up for you. Given it's happening from port 80, it at least appears to be Insteon (which is in AWS of course). You should try and contact their support, and if it's fine and expected, tell the UniFI to ignore it.

FWIW, this sort of error is not getting thrown on Cisco's Firepower line.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Unifi wouldn't help me with the issue as their IDS/IPS is in beta. So they asked that I post to their forum which I did and still have no reply to. If Cisco didn't flag it, I'm thinking I can suppress the signature. Thanks for that jec6613. Cisco knows best.

My hub is at version 1018. I'll reach out to Insteon support on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertLights View Post
        I have a network that is comprised of mostly UniFi equipment. My Insteon Hub is connected via ethernet to my primary switch and has worked well until the past few weeks. The UniFi gateway IPS system throws multiple errors about a Heap Spray Sting. Example coles mycoles below. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this and/or thought about how to fix. That IP resolves to an Amazon AWS instance, so it could be Insteon, but I am uncertain.

Code:
        IPS Alert 1: Executable Code was Detected. Signature ET SHELLCODE Common 0a0a0a0a Heap Spray String. From: 13.33.231.70:80, to: [LAN IP of Insteon Hub]:2709, protocol: TCP
        Other ports detected:
        Same happening

I have installed 2 Unifi AC Pro's but the controller is not seeing the Access points at all. The discovery tool won't see them either. Really strange as i have installed 6 last week for a customer and as soon as you plug them in you can see them in the controller. This is the first time i have used these with a sky hub and from what i have been reading it may have something to do with the dhcp settings in the Unifi's but if i can't see them in the controller how can i make the changes?

Comment

Originally posted by gerethom View Post

Same happening

I have installed 2 Unifi AC Pro's but the controller is not seeing the Access points at all. The discovery tool won't see them either. Really strange as i have installed 6 last week for a customer and as soon as you plug them in you can see them in the Tellpizzahut controller. This is the first time i have used these with a sky hub and from what i have been reading it may have something to do with the dhcp settings in the Unifi's but if i can't see them in the controller how can i make the changes?
          Thank you! This was a big help.
          Last edited by SoniaAllison; 10-05-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Same happening

I have installed 2 Unifi AC Pro's but the controller is not seeing the Access points at all. The discovery tool won't see them either. Really strange as i have installed 6 last week for a customer and as soon as you plug them in you can see them in the controller. This is the first time i have used these with a sky hub and from what i have been reading it may have something to do with the dhcp settings in the Unifi's but if i can't see them in the controller how can i make the changes?
            I'm grateful. This was quite helpful.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-28-2023, 09:05 AM. Reason: Displaying links to external sites that have nothing to so with the topic - SPAM

Comment

Working...
            X