Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question: How do you replace a Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question: How do you replace a Hub?

*I searched, but was unable to find any result on this topic*

After several years, my Hub went down. I now have a new Hub, but how do you get the App to know there's a new hub? When I launch the App, Click 'Sign-In', it just spins for a minute, then says "Unable to establish connection with Hub". I'm assuming it's still looking for the old Hub? How do you register the new Hub on my account?

I can nee the hub has been given a DHCP lease, but not sure what more to do.

Thanks.

-Brian

Brian,

Smarthome support has a hub migration process that will ship you a hub that has been merged into your existing account. Just buying a new hub outside that process will not work without adding devices You would have to create a new account and add your devices in again if you choose not to contact support to go through that process.

if you old hub was a hub1 you will just have to start over. No way to merge a hub 1 to a hub 2. Hub 2’s are square and hub 1’s are rectangle.
    Last edited by SteveL; 08-11-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, Steve.

These are both Hub 2's. I maybe had 10-devices and 2-scenes, on the old Hub, so starting over is perfectly fine. So the next question would be; How do you Delete an Account?

Comment

Just contact support in the morning and request a hub / account deletion.

The other option is to create a new account with another email address and reprogram to that new account.

Comment

Thanks. I had them delete/remove the user. Ugh.

Comment

I'm in the exact same situation, except i have two houses, both with extensive programming. in my main house, i purchased a new hub to replace the one that died. how does one go through the 'migration process'?

Comment

Here is the support article for Hub migrations:

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...ew-insteon-hub

Comment

Working...
              X