Accessing modem stream in hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing modem stream in hub

I'm working on learning some more advanced integration, and currently have the 2245-222 hub with a few devices (keypad, thermostat, and a few switches/dimmers). Currently, the only way I've seen to actually view the insteon messages passing about is via the buffstatus.xml file, which is continuously rotating and difficult to parse reliably. Is there a telnet style port that essentially opens up the message stream similar to how I believe the 2413 modem interface does? this would allow an integration platform for grab out the various messages as they come in, instead of continuously polling the hub's buffer in hopes of catching the proper message, possibly missing it?

You'll probably want to jump to the ISY994 if you want that level of integration. It can trigger on any Insteon message from a paired device.

Comment

The 2413S or 2413U PLM. Do not normally show all the messages. Only the ones from modules in its Link Database and sent to it. Probably as a Responder. If you do a web search. You should be able to find the Insteon Modem Developers Guide. It gives information on how a PLM works in the system. As I don't have the link.

It can be set to Monitor Mode. Where it can show messages between modules and not directed to it. If the messages reach the PLM and the modules are in its Link Database.

The 2445-222 HUB is an entry level interface and has limited features and functions. I doubt you can telnet it to see any messages.

Comment

Working...
      X