No announcement yet.

Hub 2245-222 Died, now I'm at a crossroad. Replace the hub or go with ISY944i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub 2245-222 Died, now I'm at a crossroad. Replace the hub or go with ISY944i

After a power outage my hub no longer powers up. Its out of warranty so I opened the case hoping to find a fuse but no and I discovered a burned area on the circuit board. Its definitely toast.
    I read the hub migration sticky so that answered one of my questions. The other question: I've been thinking about the ISY 944i. I'd like more functionality as I like to tinker, however there has to be a user friendly interface that doesn't irritate my wife. She likes the ease of the iOS hub app and I'm often away from home for work so the system has to be stable. If it annoys my wife or she thinks the interface is too difficult she won't use it and that will make the continued expansion of my Insteon network much harder.
    Advice? Thanks

If you do the programming on the isy you wife can use one of many apps on the market for the isy. Some of the apps compatible are Agave, Mobilinc, eKeypad. You may find one of those to your liking. You can also just login to the isy on you phone directly for a simple yet effective interface.

Steve

Comment

While researching the ISY I discovered a post about repairing the 2245-222 hub. I decided to give it a try. Bought the proper capacitor for C7 spent a few minutes with the soldering iron and the hub is back in service.
      Eventually I'll switch to the ISY but for now the hub will do.

Comment

My hub died, I called Insteon support and they replaced it for free. They cloned the Insteon ID from the dead device to a new one and it worked seamlessly. Call them before buying a new hub.

Comment

My insteon hub died as well. I ordered a selection of electrolytic capacitors and replaced C7 and my hub is up and running again.
          I also reached out to the hubfix@insteon.com and they responded quickly. However, when I emailed back asking about the cost, I didn't get a reply...
          Is this service always free, if not what is the cost?

I was concerned that they would migrate me to another hub and then change me $500 or something ridiculous?

It would have been good if they included or affirmed that there was no cost or what the cost would be...

Barry

Comment

The migration service is free. The only time I have heard them charging is when they need to ship a replacement out of the US but that is pretty standard for warranties.

Comment

I just want to say THANKS for posts regarding insteon migration service! My hub failed after 3yrs of service. I emailed hubfix, like mentioned above, and received a very quick response; they replaced my hub free of charge and had it pre-configured with all my existing devices. This was the best customer service I received in a looong time!
              Thanks again! Sean

Comment

Working...
              X