Echo Plus fail. 2245-222 hub works perfectly with the Insteon app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo Plus fail. 2245-222 hub works perfectly with the Insteon app

My 2245-222 hub works perfectly with the Insteon app, and also controls my Nest 3rd gen. When I add the skill to Alexa Echo Plus it connects my Insteon account correctly but tells me I need a 2245-222. I’m stuck in an infinite loop. It’s what I have, but it will not recognize it as that model. “Alexa app says Upgrade to the new Insteon 2245-222 to control your devices” but that is what I have!

Is is there anyway to troubleshoot?

Insteon and Nest control is why I chose Alexa over HomePod! If it doesn’t work seems pointless. Seems nuts though, pretty certain it should.

Insteon Hub, Echo Plus and their apps and firmware/ software are all up to date too.
    Last edited by Sarah; 04-01-2018, 11:52 AM.

Hey Sarah,
    I had the same issue here, I tried to solve it by restarting /rebooting and upgrade the firmware but device was not work properly. I this situation I got help to contact Amazon echo plus support at 1-888-299-7571.They helped me with best solutions and now my device works properly.

Comment

Thank you. What was the resolution in the end? What was the solution?

Originally posted by anayadic View Post
      Hey Sarah,
      I had the same issue here, I tried to solve it by restarting /rebooting and upgrade the firmware but device was not work properly. I this situation I got help to contact Amazon echo plus support at 1-888-299-7571.They helped me with best solutions and now my device works properly.

Comment

I managed to resolve it by removing all devices, deleting my Insteon account and creating a new one. When I relinked the skill with the new account it all worked perfectly.

Comment

This might help devicebase.net/en/product/amazon-echo-plus/815332021520

Comment

Working...
          X