Odd network activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd network activity

Ive recently put my Insteon Hub behind a firewall and have noticed some odd activity. I am going to further isolate the device using a VLAN (like my other IoT devices) but wanted to see if anyone else had seen something similar. It appears that for some reason the Insteon Hub is calling out to random URLs using port 80. Is this typical/normal activity?

Insteon.jpg
    Attached Files

I don't know for certain what's going on. I can say that by design, the hub should not be behind a firewall as it connects to the servers automatically via it's default port. It may be looking for a way out.

I would return it to it's default settings and take it from behind the firewall to see if it continues. If it stops then that may have been your problem. If it continues then there may be something wrong with your hub.

Comment

I appreciate the insight lilyoy1. The issue is that the device is working. I can manage all of my switches like before as the firewall isn't actually blocking its communication with Insteon servers(at least completely). The firewall is letting it through but the Web Content Filter is actually stopping other traffic because of the odd URLs it is trying to access.

Comment

Working...
      X