Special Info For Removing Responders From Scenes... And Other Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Info For Removing Responders From Scenes... And Other Info

First, If YOU are "stusviews"... LEAVE NOW ! Your Help With Anything, would be wasted, and upset people who actually know what they're doing... Now... with regards to the app, don't forget that Insteon is designed to be used with OR WITHOUT a PC interface... In other words, you can set any and all devices to respond to virtually all other devices, with your bare hands, and no computer, cell phone or tablet necessary... Now... Some people were discussing removing responders from scenes... As an example, I have a motion sensor that I had triggering my garage and kitchen lights... Experience taught me to go with just the garage light... To REMOVE the kitchen light (an Insteon Wall On/Off switch) from the "scene" that had been created using only the devices, and no interface with the app... Luckily, after I bought a boat load of Insteon hardware, I downloaded some EXTRA instruction files (PDF) that are available on the support website... The particular switch that I wanted to remove, had instructions for a "Factory Reset"... The "Factory Reset" immediately, and completely removed my wall switch from the responders... Now... For the little extra... Doing this reset, also stopped my wall switch from responding to even the Insteon app. You must re-install the device you RESET, even though you still see it in the hardware list... Just hold the "Set" button on the device, until it beeps and goes into "Find Me" mode... Then tell the app to find the device... For any other devices that you're having problems getting proper response, try these processes...

So with your very first post and very first line, you call out a member who has helped many other members troubleshoot and solve their issues over many years with much more complex problems than what your first post covers. While I do not always see eye to eye with Stus (or anyone else for that matter), he does know what he is talking about. Before coming on here acting like an expert covering something any 8 year old could figure out, how about taking time to become part of the community instead of some wannabe know it all
    Last edited by lilyoyo1; 05-30-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X