Contact executives at Insteon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact executives at Insteon?

I have to believe that the leadership at Insteon can't be aware of the Sev 1 / fail to open severity of their app in windows 10 devices and HD camera support. This has to be watered down or the impact it is having on people who spent thousands of dollars on their equipment can't possibly be properly communicated or they would have done something. It has been months and months of hard failures! Does anyone have any executive email addresses for Insteon? Perhaps we can make sure this isn't just getting filtered out at the Tier I support level.

The lack of concern for customer support and post-sales support is a long, painful, history with Insteon products that unfortunately starts from the top. They are certainly aware, but just don't seem to care

Comment

Originally posted by eagle77 View Post
      The lack of concern for customer support and post-sales support is a long, painful, history with Insteon products that unfortunately starts from the top. They are certainly aware, but just don't seem to care
      +1

Not sure how this company has stayed in business all these years offering zero communications. I sent in two e-mails about the latest Sonos related KPL audio buttons as seen in the Sonos advert.

Ask a very simple question of when we could expect to see them released for public sale and the final price. You would have thought I was asking about the secret Coke recipe or something!

To date not a freaking soul has replied back from sales, PR, or tech support . . .
      Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Have you asked Sonos?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Here are a few of their leadership.

jdada@smarthome.com (CEO) jgerber@smarthome.com (President); dcregg@smarthome.com (CTO)

Comment

You could try and contact them. I doubt they will reply or pass it on to someone who can help.

They don't even seem to help their partners. Like UDI.
            They have had the new Insteon Alarm Module for before public sale. So they could add it to their ISY994i controller support. No one at Smartlabs will even give them the needed API so support can be added. Even worse with the promised PLM chips so they can produce their UDI PLM module has been stone walled for at least six months. Even after spending many thousands of dollars in engineering costs.

IMHO All of Smartlabs is now only interested in the Apple HomeKit integration.
            Last edited by BLH; 02-15-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

As soon as another technology comes along that meets or exceeds Insteon, and provides me a migration path so my sunk costs are not wasted, I'm gone!

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
                Have you asked Sonos?
                I don't follow, ask Sonos about a Smartlabs created KPL plastic key? All I wanted to know is how much and when can we as the public expect the product to be made available for purchase.

Its not rocket science or a tough question . . .

I can't understand given all of the methods to communicate with the public: Face Book, Twitter, Email, You Tube, their very own Smarthome web page and not a freaking soul can take two minutes and offer this insight?
                Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

I share your frustration, but it seems to be the IT Round Tuit factor. We have to jump on the next big thing (when Apple say jump, everyone else says how high). After all we have a thing called the Internet. Now we don't have to get it right before we release product, well maybe 80% right, as we'll get a Round To It in fixing it up. Cheap to do by the 'net these days. Unfortunately the road is full of potholes that never seem to get fixed as we've now gone to the next big thing. Insteon is not alone in this though.

Comment

Originally posted by DingDuck View Post
                    I share your frustration, but it seems to be the IT Round Tuit factor. We have to jump on the next big thing (when Apple say jump, everyone else says how high). After all we have a thing called the Internet. Now we don't have to get it right before we release product, well maybe 80% right, as we'll get a Round To It in fixing it up. Cheap to do by the 'net these days. Unfortunately the road is full of potholes that never seem to get fixed as we've now gone to the next big thing. Insteon is not alone in this though.
                    +1

So very true almost every new company and existing ones are getting behind the *Cloud Power*. Sadly, most of them have missed the mark completely about how to employ and deploy the cloud.

Its this lack of basic understanding that has flooded the market place with half baked products and services. Almost every one of these vendors push the service is FREE, in the guise of offering products that are reliant on the cloud service.

What are these people going to do when the cloud is sad, Internet is unavailable, or the company goes under? What are they going to do when said company says its no longer free and wants a fee for the service?

Lastly, having some unknown 3rd party company have complete command and control of your entire home is just a time bomb waiting to explode. This whole cloud fad is for the lazy, stupid, and inept who don't fully understand the liabilities and privacy issues that come with it.

The perfect example was the NEST TSTAT that literally drained the battery and left tens of millions of people all across North America in the cold. When the idiots at Nest that it would be a great idea to push a OTA *Unannounced* firmware update to the millions of iSheep.

Literally leaving millions with no method to turn on the Heat / AC because the unit was bricked and out of power. People just need to use some common sense that every Government in the entire world has been hacked. What makes them think some random company like Insteon, Nest, Honeywell, name any company isn't prone to have the same?

But hey we will get around tuit . . .

Comment

EVIL Teken -
                      http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-232...or-keypad.html
                      Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
                      Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
                      53 Insteon devices

Comment

Originally posted by kenrok1 View Post

Yes, I saw that a few weeks ago and created a thread about the same in the UDI forum. As a point of reference to date not a freaking soul even took the time to reply to my query at Smarthome / Smartlabs!

What does that say about the company in general terms?!?!

Comment

I couldn't say - I guess I've been lucky in that whenever I've contacted support either via phone or email I've gotten good response... When it comes to user forums I think that's another story. I was sharing the part info in case you or anyone else was still looking for it since it looked to be a newly listed item.
                          Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
                          Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
                          53 Insteon devices

Comment

Go down to Turtle Beach in the Fiji islands, he's is the one sipping on a Mi Ti with a beach hat, shorts and a big F.U. on his T-Shirt.

Comment

I'm quite sure they are aware of short comings. However as with any company, Windows phone 10 had a very small installed user base which means it has the least focus. Unfortunately it comes down to finances for all companies. The focus is on where the money comes from which is Apple first, Android second, and windows a distant third

Comment

Working...
                              X