Set hub location in Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set hub location in Windows

I am a windows fan. I have all windows hardware (Win 10 desktop, Win 8.1 laptop, Win Phone, Surface RT) and am not interested in buying Android or iOS devices. The two reasons I purchased Insteon were their fan controller and their Windows support. However, I've found that I cannot set the location on the Hub in windows. I've tried it from my phone, my tablet, and my desktop. Nothing works. I sent an email to customer support and they acknowledged that it doesn't work with windows. They told me this:

Unfortunately at this time, the hub time and location cannot be reset through the Windows app, only through the Android and IOS apps

I like Insteon but I have to be able to use it. Has anybody found a way to set the hub time on Windows? Any help would be appreciated.
    Proud tinkerer with Insteon Hub, Switches, Dimmers, Fanlincs, etc. Plus some Amazon Echos to make things more fun!
    I blog about smart home stuff too!

Same here.. Just setup my Hub2 yesterday wake up this morning and all the lights were still on.. Location says Unknown. I live in Baltimore, MD.. With the hub1 you could go to the network.html page using the IP and port of the hub but that looks to be disabled in the hub2 version. Anyone know what the new page is that replaces the network.html?
    INSTEON Hub II, Amazon Echo, Production
    Lumia 950 Windows 10 Mobile
    ​INSTEON APP doesn't work on Win 10 Mobile
    Netgear Router
    14 Devices

Comment

I got my timers to work by figuring out the time change between what time my hub thinks it is and what time it really is. However, this doesn't work for sunrise/sunset so that entire function may as well not exist.
      Proud tinkerer with Insteon Hub, Switches, Dimmers, Fanlincs, etc. Plus some Amazon Echos to make things more fun!
      I blog about smart home stuff too!

Comment

Three months later and this is still broken. Ridiculous.

Comment

I tried to work around this by using my wife's iPhone to set the location of the hub. I'm not sure if it worked, but my lights are not respecting my auto sunrise/sunset settings for my scene. Is the sunrise/sunset scheduling buggy or is the issue that the hub isn't respecting location?

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. I have a scene that's supposed to turn on some outdoor lights at dusk, and turn the off at dawn... I'm not sure about the off-at-dawn part, but on-at-dusk is definitely broken. Also found that I can't delete members from the old scene, so that scene has other problems too.

I just disabled the schedule for that scene and created a new one with a dusk-to-dawn schedule and added same lights to it. Hopefully that works around the problem...

Seriously underwhelmed with Insteon. The hardware is really nice, I love the look-and-feel of the switches and keypads, but the software is just one disappointment after another. I see why ISY controllers are so popular now.
            Last edited by NSFW; 02-09-2016, 02:10 AM.

Comment

After copying everything to a new scene, my outdoor lights still don't come on at sunset.

Comment

I'm also struggling with a simple scene with two devices that should turn on at sunset and it doesn't work, the hub time, location etc are correct
                now trying with setting a specific turn on time rather than setting 'sunset' ... weird ...

Comment

Provide details, lots and lots of details. Like where is you time zone, does sunrise/sunset agree with your location. what is each specific step you are taking, what is the result of each step, what happens, what is not right about the result and anything else you can think of. Specifics!!

Otherwise it's like saying, " my computer is not working, what's wrong?"
                  Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                  Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hi stusviews:

I've got the same problem since i bought my Insteon Hub in December.
                    * Windows 8.1 PC
                    * Windows 10 PC

Create a scene or an individual switch.
                    Set it to turn on at dusk.
                    It never appears to turn on.

Set a scene or device to turn off at dawn.
                    It never does.

I read somewhere in the forums this only works iwht an iphone, but i don't have an iphone.

Comment

Working...
                    X