Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon for Hub updated and functional from outside LAN again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon for Hub updated and functional from outside LAN again!!

It's happening!!!!!!! Updated mine just now! Finally, guys!

Got mine updated and it does "mostly" work outside the LAN. Can't get the insteon thermostat to work and the Cortana voice control registers but never actually turns on or off anything ... But I'll take this giant leap forward 'back' to functionality. Thanks Insteon Developer(s)!

Comment

With the new update, now I can't connect to my Hub II. It only sees my first gen hub, which I don't use for the Insteon apps anymore. When I try connecting to the Hub II by adding it in the app, it sees it but won't let me connect, saying it's in use by another user. Yeah...ME. Same account, same credentials...nothing's changed. Except the reliability of this app.

Comment

Yeah, as I mentioned, I'm already using the same account credentials. I only have one Insteon Hub account, and I have both hubs already registered against it. The Windows and iOS apps can see that, but after this new Windows Phone app update, the Windows Phone app cannot.

Comment

Very happy to see an update. Finally works outside of home LAN for me. However, now i'm no longer receiving email notifications for doors etc. Is that working for anyone else? And we REALLY need push notifications!!

Comment

I was told by insteon support that E-mail notifications is not working correctly. Hasn't been for some time. Further requests to support on this issue have been ignored. I am able to get push notification on Windows phone if you set it up using an Apple iOS device, of a newer variety. Why in God's green earth you have to go to another platform, I have no idea. Interesting that the SMS fields are still there. My connectivity is slightly better, I will admin, but everything else about the windows Phone app is still broken. Cannot set up devices properly, Some buttons don't even work, Can't see all fields, can't control some devices, etc.

Comment

Good info. Will try the iOS push notification setup trick. Not gonna even try to understand what goes on at INSTEON development. Pretty inept crew it appears. and Support is VERY spotty. Seems like they just pick and choose requests to reply to.

Comment

Kyderr, you're a genius. Configured with the iPad app, now both push and email notifications are working on my win phone. One quirk though- each push notification comes through 3 times. But right now have a ton more functionality than I have had in months. So basically, they built the push notification ability into the app bit didn't bother to add a toggle to enable it.

Comment

Working...
                X