Suggestions for, and Errors in the new Windows App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for, and Errors in the new Windows App

Like the other Windows users I have been very disappointed with Insteon's support of the platform. That being said, I'd rather make constructive criticism and hope it results in positive change than simply complain.

So let's see if we can, at a minimum do our best to collaborate and identify bugs, as well as help Insteon improve the UI of the new Universal app. And perhaps, if we keep this constructive the devs from the Windows version of the app will take a page from MS and even engage with us and our feedback.

I've attached two screenshots with some things that need to be fixed identified.

The biggest change I would like to see is the use of the app bar. In the phone version, the three "+" icons are obtuse, and having to tap the ellipses (...) just to see the text explaining what each of them are for is dumb. The simple solution would be to make the text persistent. However, these same functions are completely hidden in the full screen PC version of the app, and are only revealed by a right click at the bottom of the screen. I feel the best solution would be to add a new section to the panorama to include add Room/Scene/Device in their own pivot. It would be much more discoverable/intuitive and a tile would allow for an icon more representative than a simple "+" sign.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Since Insteon no longer support direct SMS notification, email to sms is one of the work around. Turning off the notification on a device put a blank in the email setting field. So each time the switch is turned off we have to re-write the xxxxxxxxxx@msg.com after. That's tedious.Should be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by KX3 View Post
      Since Insteon no longer support direct SMS notification, email to sms is one of the work around. Turning off the notification on a device put a blank in the email setting field. So each time the switch is turned off we have to re-write the xxxxxxxxxx@msg.com after. That's tedious.Should be remembered.
      How about some screenshots to illustrate what you're referencing?

Comment

I love your constructive comments. I had done the same thing for support when I contacted them. Those problem I specifically illustrated did not get addressed. I have no idea for certain, but I suspect insteon (SmartHome) contracted out the application development to some fly by night organization who's never done this before. And they don't have a windows phone either to test on, or you'd see the problems right away. As they are obvious to the most casual of users.

Comment

Working...
        X