Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16-Jun-2015 APP update

Hello,

since yesterday's APP update I always have the error "Connection to Hub: Failed" I cannot connect to it anymore. I even restarted the Hub with no results.
    I am running windows 8 on Lumia 930 and using the HUB in Europe (Italy). Since 2 days ago everything was working fine...

From what know new company taking over development of the app. I didn't update app on my Ativ S, but I did on my wife's Lumia 635. Fonts in the tiles are black and small, low red of screen. There in no way to control temperature . Application running faster, but bugs like this are unacceptable. Previous ver was 2.0 , current is 1.2
    Last edited by lachutm; 06-17-2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

With the new app I could connect locally (when on my home wifi), but not via my cellular connection. Get the connect failed. but it worked before the update. Glad to finally see an update, but I have no idea what was updated. Looks to be the start of the universal app, but seems very raw, lots of it doesn't scale well on mobile. And loads MUCH faster! And LOOKS like it has some support for push notifications, at least it shows up in notification center. But not receiving any notifications, other than a "location not available" notification.. I think this was pushed out a little early and isn't ready for use.

Actually there was a new Win 10 mobile beta preview released yesterday - wonder if this new app version requires Win 10 to work properly.
      Last edited by pipe77; 06-17-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I can't even get it to let me control the devices in my home. It logs me in, and and every few seconds I get a message saying "connection to hub: failed". Additionally there are a lot of UI issues. Hoping this is a temporary problem and they release a fix soon. Trying to be optimistic in the fact that an update has ACTUALLY been released, but so far this is a big step back. I'm running on Lumia 1020, WP 8.1 Denim update. You can see what I am talking about with the screenshots I've included.

Edit: Let me clarify, I can manage my devices when I'm home and on home wifi but no longer when I'm away. Yes, I know you need to configure your router to allow port forwarding for insteon traffic, I did that months ago, and nothing on my router has changed. This update broke it. Yesterday, before I updated the app, I could access devices remotely, today I can't.
        images, funny, image host, image sharing, reaction gif, viral images, current events, cute, visual storytelling, gif
        Last edited by rybob1; 06-17-2015, 10:24 AM. Reason: Additional comments to clarify when app works and doesn't.

Comment

Yep, exact same problem.

HOWEVER - I just tried installing the app on my Win10 computer (this IS the universal app btw) and logged in, and it WORKS PERFECTLY! All my sensors are showing accurate status, and I can view my camera too. So looks to be only a phone issue.

Here's the weird part: As I was typing this, it suddenly started working on my phone (connected to wifi at work). So either it was a fluke or they are working on the problem. (or somehow setting it up on my computer jogged something to make it start working, not sure that makes any sense though).

Anyway, if you have a win8 or win10 computer give the app on try on there.

Comment

There is long history of buggy apps for windows phone by insteon. Seems like they want to keep with tradition. Setting up new notifications does not work. Turning on switches from favorites screen does not work. (works from the scene, both whole scene, and individual device). From inside the Sensor screen, the bottom button icons are not labeled. Rookie design mistake. Notifications via Push not working for me.

Comment

Thought I was going nuts but I guess - welcome to the crap party! I hope they sort out the design issues cuz it's 2 steps backwards on my Lumia 1020, reads the screen resolution 384x640 with many items cut off, house name is partly transposed. on the + it launches faster

but how you release something in this state is beyond me...

Comment

Yep, app was definitely was not ready for release. Very amateur.

It seems like the app always connects to the hub when on WiFi, but not on cellular data. And push notifications definitely dont work. The universal app seems to be built first for win8/10 computer/tablet, and very little thought, planning, and testing on phone. Has some promise so hopefully they fix and update soon.

Everyone needs to bug support, seems like that's the only way they ever move on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by manudeca View Post
                  Hello,

since yesterday's APP update I always have the error "Connection to Hub: Failed" I cannot connect to it anymore. I even restarted the Hub with no results.
                  I am running windows 8 on Lumia 930 and using the HUB in Europe (Italy). Since 2 days ago everything was working fine...
                  I get the same error as shown in image 1. You can see it's on LTE/Cellular only.
                  If I connect via WiFi, it works without any issues.
                  Even over LTE/Cellular, I can get to the hub using the browser (2nd image - using the user name and password in the app).

I have done the following:
                  Rebooted the router
                  Rebooted my Internet modem
                  Rebooted the Hub
                  Rebooted my phone

Nothing has resolved this behavior as of yet. In tracing access on my network, I do not see any inbound requests coming from my phone externally. It appears the app is not actually trying to connect or is trying to use a port other than the default 25105.

I also have not been able to get push notifications working using my Windows Phone. With Windows 10 now only 42 days until global RTM, this should be addressed quickly.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe77 View Post
                    With the new app I could connect locally (when on my home wifi), but not via my cellular connection. Get the connect failed. but it worked before the update.
                    Exactly the same behaviour:
                    from cellular connection does not find the HUB. From the wireless-LAN it gets connected and I see the sensors working, but everything else is not properly working. I can see the webcam, but when it comes to turn on/OFF light is not working. Also, the MORE option I choose when selecting a light-switch (the old option button) it is not working at all.

INSTEON, GIVE US THE OLD VERSION BACK, please

Comment

Basically this should have been a separate beta app. But since it was an upgrade, we are now stuck with an app that has some improvements but actually VERY broken in some ways that really matter. It was only partially broken before.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe77 View Post
                        Basically this should have been a separate beta app. But since it was an upgrade, we are now stuck with an app that has some improvements but actually VERY broken in some ways that really matter. It was only partially broken before.
                        ​That's a great idea! Republish the old app for those that want a known quantity, and release a beta version for those of us willing to assume the risks. You have a choice with the Windows Store to make beta's public or by invitation. Some of us are even running all four versions of Windows; Mobile/PC 8.1/10. Take a page from Microsoft, ask for feedback, test for bugs, and then iterate. We're used to this. Bring it on.

Comment

I contacted support a couple days ago about their outdoor HD cameras not working and in the process of that they mentioned there is a beta soon to be released. I just assumed the beta would be a separate app, now I'm worried we all just got the beta version. Funny thing, I had asked to be a part of their beta program and they gave me a URL to sign up for it.

Comment

I just install the update on my Win Phone 8.1. It works great. Much quicker login. Press of icon and light on/off near instant. Very nice. Some icon flickering from grey to orange as it had difficulty determining the state of the hardware but it worked it out. I really want to know if it can now do the HD cameras because I would like to order 4. Tested using WiFi and LTE. Worked fine both ways.
                            Last edited by TonyCr; 06-18-2015, 11:02 AM. Reason: Test results of WiFi versus LTE

Comment

'm having a lot of issues since the update. I can log in to the app on the same network, the wifi where the insteon hub is but the following thing are broken:
                              1) log in from remote (outside my network, ie cell network)
                              2) can't get any data from the thermostat, or control the thermostat
                              3)Create a new scene
                              4) manually control a scene
                              5) some of my scene's schedules have stopped working, and I can't edit them to get them working again.
                              6) probably more, but that is enough
                              The only thing that works is controlling a device (not a scene) from the app if I'm log on the local wifi. Everything else seems to be broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X