No announcement yet.

16-Jun-2015 APP update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see this thread before, so I started a new one to encourage Insteon to roll back the disastrous new Windows Phone app -- it is so broken as to be useless and Insteon support has seemingly stuck their head in the sand about it. Keep the pressure on folks -- a roll back is the only viable solution for the short term.

Comment

A REAL NIGHTMARE. Hub is unsable since this #$%?& update.Too many bugs to list them. The soft is broken. On both my WinPhones 8.1 Lumia 520 and 435. That is simply not acceptable. Need a roll back asap.

Comment

I'm having the same issues everyone else is experiencing apparently. The Windows Phone app is now useless (I used it remotely -- wifi isn't an option). I managed to disable automatic app update from the Windows Store so I still have the old, useable version, on a couple of my Windows 8.1 devices (really sorry I couldn't save all of them from the 'update'). I haven't found a reliable self "roll back" option yet -- System Restore results almost showed promise but was ultimately unsuccessful.

I was literally in the act of shopping for more Insteon switches when I noticed the update had been installed. Needless to say additional switch purchases are on hold. Disappointed with Insteon.

Comment

Now I have an additional issue:
          As shown in the images below:
          Windows 8.1 Pro desktop: The All Devices list shows the thermostat in green, with the current temperature.
          Windows 8.1 Pro desktop: Thermostat details screen - BLANK and nothing is selectable
          Windows Phone: All Devices list shows the thermostat, but no temperature
          Windows Phone: Thermostat details screen also BLANK with no details or selectable settings.

This was working fine 2 days ago. I have done the usual with restarting everything (router, hub, even disconnected and reconnected the thermostat itself!, reboot the desktop and phone).

It is also PAINFULLY slow compared to the previous app version. And that isn't just on Windows! I have a backup iPhone 5 where it takes nearly 3 minutes to update the all-devices list when I only have 8 devices. Previously, this took 10 to 20 seconds on both iOS and Windows.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

We have a new version 1.2.0 but store shows 1.1.1.1 . For me it brings only function to control temerature, remote acces by cellular still doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmacarl View Post
              The only thing that works is controlling a device (not a scene) from the app if I'm log on the local wifi. Everything else seems to be broken.
              I am in the same situation

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCr View Post
                I just install the update on my Win Phone 8.1. It works great. Much quicker login. Press of icon and light on/off near instant. Very nice. Some icon flickering from grey to orange as it had difficulty determining the state of the hardware but it worked it out. I really want to know if it can now do the HD cameras because I would like to order 4. Tested using WiFi and LTE. Worked fine both ways.
                Can you specified what ver of HUB you using?
                Last edited by lachutm; 06-23-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

There's a separate thread in this forum about the "new" Windows Phone app that was released today, but don't get your hopes up. It seems to be equally broken and the version number still shows as 1.2.0 from the app and 1.1.1.1 in the store. It may just be the same code as the 6/16 release. Your guess is as good as Insteons!

Comment

Temperature control works as they post in the windows store details for this build, so they changed something.

Comment

I wouldn't bust out the champagne just yet. Thermostat control still does not work for me at home (i.e. on the local network to the Hub) and all remote functions are still broken, of course.

Comment

That way a was thinking maybe it's HUB related. Insteon now have two hubs. Most of us still have a old one. Few weeks ago was pushed firmware to second generation of hub. So when you posting put witch HUB you using.

Comment

After installing the last night's update I noticed I couldn't get it to remember my username & password on the login screen. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the Windows Store seemed to correct that issue though. Most everything else seems to work again for my Insteon deployment with the Windows 8.1 app (wish that were the case with my Windows Phone App).

Comment

Originally posted by lachutm View Post
                            That way a was thinking maybe it's HUB related. Insteon now have two hubs. Most of us still have a old one. Few weeks ago was pushed firmware to second generation of hub. So when you posting put witch HUB you using.
                            Looks like you're correct. Finally got some info from INSTEON support and they say it appears remote access doesn't work for those with the older hubs (2242-222), and they "hope to have a fix soon". I bought my "old" hub brand new around 7 months ago (literally days before they announced the new one)​. So happy I got 7 month old outdated technology.

Comment

I spoke with someone from Insteon today as well...it was a pretty useless conversation...nice enough guy but seriously...almost a month without an app working when the old one was fine...just unacceptable.Great hardware but probably the worst software I've used in sometime. Even the android app just sucks.

Companies like Insteon will not be around in a year if they don't smarten up.

Comment

I'm in the process of moving away from Insteon. It's expensive, but I'm tired of their lack of support, I do not have the confidence that they can fix their problems. I also lack confidence that a company that has such horrific quality control can possibly stay in business. For me, for now, I'm setting up a Vera Edge controller, and I bought (used) an Insteon modem to hopefully allow me to continue to use my existing insteon devices via the Vera Edge hub, until such a time I can afford to replace existing Insteon devices. Not to sound overly dramatic, but my requests for updates and help from Insteon have fallen (mostly) on def ears, and I my own reputation is tarnished some, as I recommended Insteon to several others, all having the same problem with their phones.

Comment

Working...
                                X