Schedules not working with Windows/WP8 apps and Hub v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules not working with Windows/WP8 apps and Hub v2

Hopefully, someone can help me identify where I've gone wrong.

I had v1 of the Hub and schedules worked just fine. Since upgrading to v2 I haven't been able to get the schedules to work.

This is the only schedule I have set up.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

I set the lights to the "Dinner Time" scene before going to bed last night. I woke up this morning, they were still on "Dinner Time", the "Night Time" scene did not kick in at 1:05am, nor did it turn off the lights this morning.

Comment

I am still struggling a bit with my setup, which sounds very similar. When you set the scene schedule, are you hitting the "save" button (accessed by hitting the "..." at the bottom of the screen, see picture)? If you hit save, you should hear an acknowledgment "beep" on your switch that is being added or updated as part of the scene. Hope that helps!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yeah, the use of the ellipsis (...) on the app bar in the INSTEON app kind of breaks WP design UI conventions. Things like the save button icon should be persistent in the app bar, and the ellipsis used to expose the text describing the icons in the app bar, and to expose less frequently required menu buttons.

Having the lights off, and seeing if the schedule would turn them on at 1:05am has also been a bust.

Comment

Is this an actual support forum?

Comment

I am having similar issues with schedules that I know I have set but do not work with devices or scenes. One thing that might help would be to have the ability to accurately set the location and time information on the hub. My hub is consistently off by one (1) hour even though daylight savings time should have passed by now, whether using the current method or the old DST schedule. So I don't even know for sure when to check to see if my schedule has executed properly.

While I am ranting, it would be nice if Insteon could publish a tentative update schedule. I know Microsoft is an unknown company with an unknown OS, compared to Android and iOS which rule the world. But is it asking too much to devote a little development time to fixing some of these bugs and also adding the features already incorporated into the other two device platform versions???

Ok, I'm done

Comment

I have hub v1 and can't get schedules to work at all when programming from my win phone. Tried with an iPad and it works perfect. Schedules are definitely mostly broken in the WP app. I submitted a support request and received basically no help. Seems like Insteon isn't too interested in making things work for Windows users. The app is terrible compared to the iOS version. And now that SMS alerts have ended and there is no timeline for a Windows app that supports push, we kinda got screwed by Insteon.

Comment

I agree with almost everything you said, pipe77 except for the SMS alerts. Here is a link I found in another post and it is an acceptable work-around for me:

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...r-mobile-phone

I have to admit that the text including the URL is very long for that first message, requesting that you confirm the email (text) but I copied and pasted it into my phone's web browser, edited out everything but the URL, and it has worked great every since!

And, for what ever reason, my schedules are working ok now, as long as I take into account the time difference since Insteon still has not provided a way to set the clock accurately yet.
                But, I absolutely agree that they need to show a little more love to us Windows and Windows Phone users!!! I won't hold my breath though...

Comment

Originally posted by zimbrich View Post
                  I agree with almost everything you said, pipe77 except for the SMS alerts. Here is a link I found in another post and it is an acceptable work-around for me:

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...r-mobile-phone

I have to admit that the text including the URL is very long for that first message, requesting that you confirm the email (text) but I copied and pasted it into my phone's web browser, edited out everything but the URL, and it has worked great every since!

And, for what ever reason, my schedules are working ok now, as long as I take into account the time difference since Insteon still has not provided a way to set the clock accurately yet.
                  But, I absolutely agree that they need to show a little more love to us Windows and Windows Phone users!!! I won't hold my breath though...
                  Thanks for the link to the work around. I can now use my Windows Phone again instead of Android. I really prefer Windows Phone over Android. Too bad its always treated like a 3rd class citizen. I thought Insteon would be different but I was wrong. Makes me regret going with them instead of SmartThings that has better features.

Comment

I had hoped their partnership with MS would put our platform a bit higher on the pecking order, but sadly having Insteon products in MS stores seems not not mean much as far as Win app updates.

Comment

WooHoo! I think I found the problem. After the update, schedules are finally working AS LONG AS YOU DON'T USE SUNSET/SUNRISE.

I'm still frustrated though. Insteon takes the time to make an app for the Apple Watch, and has left Windows users hanging out to dry for MONTHS. I showed the Insteon app to a WP developer friend of mine. He's going to use it for lessons in his user group for how NOT to design an app for WP/Windows.

Comment

what update?

Comment

The one from the beginning of April. I called tech support, and the support guy tried using an iPhone to get things working. They still didn't. One night I manually turned on a scene that was supposed to start at Sunset and then go off at a specified time. I happened to be up when the off time came around, and the lights changed. I had a "Eureka" moment and took Sunrise, and Sunset out of my Scenes, and now everything is working.

Comment

Yeah, i just add an hour since the time is off in the app

Comment

Working...
                            X