Cortana integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortana integration

Does anyone know if there are any plans for Insteon to extend voice support (via Cortana) to non-US countries? (i.e. UK). It was one of the main selling points for me in selling my (not so) old network and changing to Insteon only to find that it's not available here. I don't know if it's changed since as I haven't looked, but before purchasing I couldn't find any information anywhere stating that the integration was USA only.

Cortina is a Windows app. As such, it runs on any Windows 7 or 8 device, even in the UK.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I think my initial question may not have been too clear. When setting my UK (Lumia 1520) phones region/language, etc to the USA I am able to (for example) say to Cortana "Insteon, turn on the table lamp" and the phone will then open the Insteon app + turn on the lamp. However, when my phone is set to native UK region/language - using the same phrase just returns search results - i.e. there appears to be no integration for this region yet As I said above, it was the Cortana integration that really tipped the scales for me when switching to Insteon (especially with the new 'always on' Cortana update being released soon meaning as long as my phone is nearby, I can control the network by voice) so it's a bit of a blow that it doesn't appear available here (yet? He says hopefully!).

Comment

You may need to update to Windows 8.1
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I do already have 8.1 - I'm a CRM developer so not only have 8.1, but also use preview update (phone) and technical releases (desktop/tablets) as it's required to keep up. I think the most likely candidate is that the Insteon app only supports the English (United States) Cortana language pack (the most up to date for obvious reasons). I'm just hoping there's plans to extend to other region language packs!

Comment

I contacted the tech support team and received an update - apparently the hub app IS meant to work with the UK version of Cortana, but doesn't appear to be (as mentioned, it returns search results instead of opening the app). They are going to bring it up between their tech team and Microsoft to see what's going wrong. Fingers crossed it will be fixed soon!

Comment

Working...
            X