Insteon for Hub app and Nest thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon for Hub app and Nest thermostat

Hello, the only references I see to the Insteon app and Nest compatibility is in reference to iOS and Android. Does the new app for Windows 8/Windows Phone also support control of Nest thermostats?

+1.........

Comment

Wow, not much of a "support community" when you get no answer on a basic question for 6 months.

Comment

Seriously, how is there not an answer for this? The site simply says android and iOS, yet insteon made a big push regarding the windows universal apps.

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to think Insteon employees either don't monitor the forums, don't care, or don't know the answer.

Comment

This is a user-to-user forum, rarely monitored by employees.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I'm waiting for the "Works with Nest" support as well. Recently, somebody posted the first "Works with Nest" app in the Windows Phone store. So no reason this can't be added to the Hub app.

Comment

I sort of have the luxury of having Windows Android and iOS devices. Nest works with both iOS and Android. It shows up as a Device called Home. If the Nest is added there, on Windows Phone and Windows store hub apps, the 'Home' device shows up, but clicking it gets the message, Feature Coming Soon. Not sure what 'soon' means.

Comment

Cool, thanks sejohannsen. I figured that would be the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X