Hub no longer connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub no longer connecting

Has been forking for years, after getting and iRobot Roomba ...

insteon check2.png

http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp:

192.168.1.93 is the insteon hub
    192.168.1.69 is the Roomba

insteon check.png
    Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by e2eglobal1; 09-26-2021, 05:14 AM.

I get the same error message on a Windows 11 machine and a Windows 10 machine. The error started about a week ago.
    FWIW, the Android app seems to be working properly.

Comment

Yes, I use IOS app - still working.
      Maybe as coincidence that I connected the roomba 2 weeks ago.....
      Still frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by scamdemic View Post
        I get the same error message on a Windows 11 machine and a Windows 10 machine. The error started about a week ago.
        FWIW, the Android app seems to be working properly.
        I've been getting the same message on my Windows 10 workstation for several weeks now.
        The Hub is on my home network and works fine, including with my Android app (old version).
        "http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp" shows correct active status for the Hub.
        John

Comment

There have been other users reporting this, so I do not think its' your Roomba.

https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...hub#post114182

Comment

Is anyone on the forums able to use the Insteon Windows app?? I've been having this problem for over a month.

It would be great if Insteon support would definitively tell us what the problem is.

The Android app connects and Google home is also able to connect. I've found Google home to be somewhat unreliable. For example, changes to a thermostat don't take, and Google home will report the wrong status for plugged in devices (it will say the device is off when it's actually on.)

Comment

Originally posted by PJL

No one is able to use the Windows app, although it still works on my "retired" Microsoft Lumia 950XL smart phone running Windows 10. Insteon support has washed their hands of the problem. They're blaming Microsoft saying it's a recent issue with a Windows 10 update, although I tested a machine that had not been update since March 2021 and the app doesn't work on it either. I inquired asking for more details on what actually broke so that I could contact Microsoft but they are ignoring me.
              Thanks for the info! My Windows 10 app stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I suspect it could be a recent Microsoft update.
                As I have seen others having issues with their. Automaton software from such an update.

Comment

Originally posted by PJL
                  . Note that the "Insteon for Hub" app continues to function properly on a Windows phone.
                  Sadly, I ditched my Windows Phone years ago.

Thank you for info on the "Home Remote" app.

Comment

Add my 2 ₡ hjere. My Win 10 Insteon for Hub no longer works. Probably hasn't for a while. I generally use it for adding new devices or making scene changes and the like, as I find it easier to navigate than iOS or Android. That said, how about some SmartHome interaction to at least let us know if they care and are going to put any effort into this, or Insteon for Hub is just deprecated. (BTW, nice that some have found the Insteon for Win 10 Mobile still works, but that has no real bearing on Windows 10. Completely different OS).

Comment

Has this been resolved? Just tried to connect with my windows 10 pc and same "Connection to Hub has been lost" error. I have not used the app for a while, iPhone app still works fine.

Comment

I have always connected remotely to my hub at home through my iPhone. Suddenly I cannot connect. I’m a subscriber. I’ve tried to reach Insteon support but had no luck. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on what to do?

Comment

Working...
                        X