Scenes and Keypad Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes and Keypad Programming

I have a question about scenes and a recently installed 6 button keypad. My Insteon setup is as follows, and I normally control everything from Alexa, but have been using the keypad on my way out in the morning to set Away (all lights off except 1 or 2).

Current Scenes:
    Welcome Home -- Turns the majority of lights on in the house
    Movie Night -- Dims the majority of the lights in the house
    Bedtime - (Trigged by saying Turn on Bedtime) -- Turns everything off and turns on the fan in the master bedroom
    Good morning -- Turns on lights in the master bedroom and first floor
    Away -- (Again triggered by turning this scene on) -- turns 99% of the things off, but exterior lights to on

What I'm finding with the keypad is that, since I don't ever turn scenes off, when I go use the keypad in the morning to select Away. I'm having to push once to turn it off and then push it again to turn it back on. Similar to Welcome Home, I never turn this scene off since Movie Night and Bedtime take care of those lights.

Is there a setting in the app or on the hub that by turning on bedtime, it knows that all of the other scenes are off?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by mlx52; 08-01-2017, 11:25 AM.

Add all the keypad buttons to each scene in the state you want them to be in. What happens then is that any scene that gets turned on will automatically turn off.

If​​​​​If you then don't want back lights to stay on such as with your away or bedtime, simply create a scene for each button and add them to their corresponding scene. Then create a program that turns it off after it is turned on

​​Movie time: A-on
    B-off
    C-off
    D-off
    Bedtime: A-off
    B-on
    C-off
    D-off

​​​​​​If control button A is switched on
    Wait 3 seconds
    Set zzz button A scene off

Comment

Great, thank you! I'll give that a try tonight.

Comment

What are you using as an Insteon manager, a Hub, an ISY, software, something else?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I'm using a hub with the Insteon app on my iPhone

Comment

How did lilyoyo1's suggestion work out for you?
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Worked perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
                Add all the keypad buttons to each scene in the state you want them to be in. What happens then is that any scene that gets turned on will automatically turn off.

If​​​​​If you then don't want back lights to stay on such as with your away or bedtime, simply create a scene for each button and add them to their corresponding scene. Then create a program that turns it off after it is turned on

​​Movie time: A-on pou
                B-off
                C-off
                D-off
                Bedtime: A-off
                B-on
                C-off
                D-off

​​​​​​If control button A is switched on
                Wait 3 seconds
                Set zzz button A scene off
                It is quite beneficial to me. Thanks