Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not control garage door relay from Insteon from Hub app

Hi,

All of the sudden my garage relays have stopped responding from the Insteon from Hub app in my iOS device. I can still control the garage doors from switches, and I can control other devices from the app.

Something I did recently was to create a scene to for the garage relays with a button. Could that be a cause?

Thanks,

Are you using the scene or the I/O Linc to control the garage door from the app? Post the details of your scene, the members, which are controllers, responders or both.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am using the I/O linc directly from the app. I realized the scenes I created were in an ISY device and not in the app so probably not the issue. I deleted the scenes from the ISY but it didn't allow control from the app.

Comment

Unless you are really familiar with the Insteon protocol, adding the same devices to both the ISY and Hub can lead to unpredictable results.

Tap the set button on the I/O Linc. Does the garage door alternately open and close with each tap?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

There are a couple other reports of recent issues with the I/O Linc Units.

I'm having very recent issues with cross linking as described in this post:
          http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...-cross-linking

Comment

I am having the same issue. I just want to post a couple more details that might help you help us (?). My garage relay/sensor works great, but then it just stops functioning. WHEN IT DOES, I can also operate the door as Alric above. I just added MobiLinc so when it's not functioning I can operate the IOLINC while standing right under it. When I send a command, I can hear the IOLINC clicking, so I don't think it's a communication issue. When I unplug the IOLINC and plug it back in, it all seems to be back in service again. I want to be able to check status and have the ability to switch from out of state, and I'm losing confidence in this device. Reset device from the desktop doesn't help.

I have a thermostat and a bunch of 3-way switched to the mix, and also hope to access my DSC alarm system. I'm moving slowly because I'm a newbie and most of the 'chatter' is well over my head. Thanks again for the posts - much appreciated. John

Comment

Working...
            X