No announcement yet.

Editing Garage I/O Linc changes it to Latching Mode and opens my garage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Garage I/O Linc changes it to Latching Mode and opens my garage door

I set up a garage door relay & sensor device yesterday (I/O Linc). I configured it initially using the insteon for hub app on my windows phone and the device was functioning correctly.

However, I forgot to give it a reasonable name, so I went to re-name the device. After frustratingly figuring out that there isn't an "edit" option for devices on the windows phone, I borrowed my wife's iPad to see if it could edit a device using the app there.

Sure enough, I could. I changed the name and it said "Updating settings" briefly, then let me continue to edit any other settings (which I did not). I pressed "Done" and it popped up another "update settings" box. The box closed after a half of a second, maybe, and then popped up again. When the second box popped up, I heard my garage door opening. The second box never went away until I force closed the app. It then took a while to get my garage door controller functioning correctly. I finally figured out that the device had been put changed into "latching" mode instead of "momentary C" like it was before. I got it working again and then tried this again. Sure enough, same problem. (Simpler fix once I understood what happened - I just manually pressed the set button 9x to get it back to momentary c).

Is this a known issue with iOS app?
Working...
X