How to change HUB username and password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change HUB username and password

When I try to change the default username to one of my choice, it just reverts to the default username. This wouldn't be a problem, except that the password is starred out, and I can't change that either. Any ideas?

Hello David,

If you were to log out of the app and perform a network reset on the device:

1) Press and hold INSTEON Hub set button until it beeps
    LED will begin blinking green

2) Slowly tap the set button six times
    On the first tap the Hub will double beep and the LED will turn to blue
    On the fifth tap the Hub will start beeping and the LED will turn green
    On the sixth tap the Hub will stop beeping and the LED will turn blue

3) Remove power from INSTEON Hub and wait about 10 seconds

4) Re-apply power to INSTEON Hub

This should reset the username to admin and the password to admin for a temporary fix. After the reset is done, try again to change the username and password for the Hub, save out of the menu, and power cycle the Hub. Did this resolve the issue? If not, which operating system are you running the app on? Also, what is the version of the operating system as well as the version of the app you are using?

Sincerely,

​Taylor

Comment

For anyone else with this problem, it turns out you have to be logged in to the HUB over the local wireless intranet to change the password (and some other settings). I had originally tried to do this while connected to the HUB over wireless 4G (internet), which does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by David Alvarez View Post
        For anyone else with this problem, it turns out you have to be logged in to the HUB over the local wireless intranet to change the password (and some other settings). I had originally tried to do this while connected to the HUB over wireless 4G (internet), which does not work.
        That's good to know. That makes the Hub less susceptible to to being hacked.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by David Alvarez View Post
          When I faced this problem I also tried connecting via 4G wireless, but it didn't work. Thank you for the reminder word hurdle

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Hello David,

If you were to log out of the app and perform a network reset on the device:

1) Press and hold INSTEON Hub set button until it beeps
            LED will begin blinking green

2) Slowly tap the set button six times
            On the first tap the Hub will double beep and the LED will turn to blue
            On the fifth tap the Hub will start beeping and the LED will turn green
            On the sixth tap the Hub will stop beeping and the LED will turn blue

3) Remove power from INSTEON Hub and wait about 10 seconds

This should reset the username to admin and the password to admin for a temporary fix. After the reset is done, try again to change the username and password for the Hub, save out of the menu, and power cycle the Hub. Did this resolve the issue? If not, which operating system are you running the app on? Also, what is the version of the operating system as well as the version of the app you are using?

Sincerely,

​Taylor
            Thanks for the help!
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:11 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

[QUOTE=David Alvarez;n28353]For anyone else with this problem, it turns out you have to be logged in to the HUB over the local wireless intranet to change the password (and some other settings). I had originally tried to do this while connected to the HUB over wireless 4G (internet), which does not work.

It is crucial to remember that you must be connected in to the local wireless intranet and not over a wireless 4G internet connection in order to change the password and other settings on the HUB.
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 01:08 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

[QUOTE=drewbinsky;n116930]

It is crucial to remember that you must be connected in to the local wireless intranet and not over a wireless 4G internet connection in order to change the password and other settings on the HUB

How about 5G internet connection?
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 01:08 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

To change the username and password on the HUB, you can follow these steps:
                  - Log in to your HUB account with your current username and password.
                  - Click your profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
                  - Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.
                  - At the "Account Settings" page, you can change your username and password.
                  - To change the username, enter a new name in the "New username" box and press the "Save" button.
                  - To change your password, enter your current password in the "Current password" box, mapquest directions then enter your new password in the "New password" box and confirm the new password by entering it again. box "Confirm Password". Finally, press the "Save" button to save the changes.

Comment

It's a pity that I came too late. There are already comments that have provided you with a solution. I hope Character AI Alternatives you understand and solve your problem. If you have any questions, you can also contact me, but I don't know if I can receive it.
                    Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-14-2023, 03:25 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I found the method you said about modifying the username and password of HUB (or called the center)
                      Log in to your HUB account: use the current username and password to log in to the HUB system or platform.
                      Navigate to Account Settings: Find and click the relevant menu option, usually on a page such as User Profile, Settings, or Personal Information.
                      Modify username: On the account settings page, find the option or section about username and provide a corresponding field for you to enter a new username. Set the new username according to the format and rules required by the system.
                      Change Password: On the Account Settings page, find the option or section about passwords. You are usually asked to enter your current password for authentication and then given a field for a new password to enter. Make sure to choose a strong password, and set a new password as required by your system.
                      Save Changes: When you're done editing your username and password, be sure to save your changes. Some systems may require you to re-enter your current password for confirmation
                      Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-14-2023, 03:52 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

First, visit hub login page and click forgot password.
                        Then, enter your details.
                        Next, click on submit button.
                        Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-21-2023, 12:41 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Originally posted by adamusa View Post
                          To change the username and password on the HUB, you can follow these steps:
                          - Log in to your HUB account with your current username and password.
                          - Click your profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
                          - Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.
                          - At the "Account Settings" page, you can change your username and password.
                          - To change the username, enter a new name in the "New username" box and press the "Save" button.
                          - To change your password, enter your current password in the "Current password" box, then enter your new password in the "New password" box and confirm the new password by entering it again. box "Confirm Password". Finally, press the "Save" button to save the changes.
                          thanks for share
                          Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-21-2023, 09:32 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Some systems have specific requirements for password complexity, such as minimum length, special characters, or a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters. Ensure that you are meeting these requirements when entering a new password. The system may not allow you to change the password if it doesn't meet the specified criteria.
                            Last edited by INSTEON John; 02-07-2024, 05:11 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                            X