X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon App Won't Connect

Hi!

All of a sudden, today, my Insteon app won't connect to my hub. My hub is green, and the seven status tests here (Insteon Hub Connection Diagnostics — Insteon) all passed, but when I open the app, I just get spinning circles until it times out.

Coincidentally, Alexa also lost its connection to my Insteon devices today.

Any help in diagnosing the issue would be greatly appreciated!
  • Answer selected by maryt at 11-02-2022, 09:41 PM.

I sent my last post to support@insteon.com and received this response

If you are contacting us because you are experiencing one or more of the following issues AND the LED on the front of your Hub is green, it could be because you do not have an active subscription to Insteon cloud services:
    • Getting an error message when attempting to log in to an Insteon mobile app (please verify you are using the correct login and password)
    • Getting an error message when trying to control/edit Insteon devices via an Insteon mobile app, a voice assistant (eg, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant), or a third-party app/software
    • If you are using the Insteon Director* app and you are getting a Missing Hub Account Access message. Learn more here.
    If you have not purchased a subscription yet, please gohere. If you have recently purchased a subscription, please wait at least 30 minutes for it to be applied to your account. If it has been longer than 30 minutes and you are still experiencing issues, please contact us again with the subject line of “MISSING SUBSCRIPTION” and let us know the order number of your subscription, your Insteon Hub ID (found on bottom of Hub, format such as A1.B2.C3), and the email address you use to log into your Insteon mobile app.

NOTE: You can still manually link devices without a Hub and/or subscription. See here to find manual linking documentation on your device(s).
    For all other requests, a representative will be reviewing your ticket and will send you a response (usually within 2 business days).

I went to https://shop.insteon.com/ and purchased a subscription and my app now connects. You will need your email and password for your insteon app to login again. I am using the IOS app.

Comment

I'm having a similar issue with the app for a few days now. When I open it, it immediately indicates it failed authentication (hub's status light is green). This happened last year and the issue lasted several months before it was fixed. I hope Insteon can post an update or resolution.

Comment

Same with my unit also. The hub light is green but the IOS app won't connect. It stopped working sometime on Nov 1, 2022. I did go to https://www.insteon.com/support at the very bottom of the page and register my hub this morning (11-2-2022) to see if that will make any difference. I don't expect any change immediately, the servers may take time to update. If I see a change I will post again.

Comment

I sent my last post to support@insteon.com and received this response

If you are contacting us because you are experiencing one or more of the following issues AND the LED on the front of your Hub is green, it could be because you do not have an active subscription to Insteon cloud services:
          • Getting an error message when attempting to log in to an Insteon mobile app (please verify you are using the correct login and password)
          • Getting an error message when trying to control/edit Insteon devices via an Insteon mobile app, a voice assistant (eg, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant), or a third-party app/software
          • If you are using the Insteon Director* app and you are getting a Missing Hub Account Access message. Learn more here.
          If you have not purchased a subscription yet, please gohere. If you have recently purchased a subscription, please wait at least 30 minutes for it to be applied to your account. If it has been longer than 30 minutes and you are still experiencing issues, please contact us again with the subject line of “MISSING SUBSCRIPTION” and let us know the order number of your subscription, your Insteon Hub ID (found on bottom of Hub, format such as A1.B2.C3), and the email address you use to log into your Insteon mobile app.

NOTE: You can still manually link devices without a Hub and/or subscription. See here to find manual linking documentation on your device(s).
          For all other requests, a representative will be reviewing your ticket and will send you a response (usually within 2 business days).

I went to https://shop.insteon.com/ and purchased a subscription and my app now connects. You will need your email and password for your insteon app to login again. I am using the IOS app.

Comment

I sent an email to support and it stated that I need to purchase Insteon Hub Account Access. I did and within minutes my IOS app was working.

Comment

Technological Black Mail!
              image.png
              My Hub is so GREEN plants are growing out of it but..

How do I signup?
              Last edited by Andyhutch1947@gmail.com; 11-02-2022, 12:48 PM.

Comment

There are way better systems available that don't charge, or charge similar prices with better tech. Screw this hostage game.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyhutch1947@gmail.com View Post
                  Technological Black Mail!
                  image.png
                  My Hub is so GREEN plants are growing out of it but..

How do I signup?
                  Don't sign up, this is pathetic. Go with Z wave it's open source and free.

Comment

Same issue here but the best part is that also my home assistant integration is acting strange and subscription shouldn't affec it...

Comment

I would suggest forwarding any info you have in regards to the black mail scheme they are doing ie.. Holding your system hostage u less you pay a fee to your attorney General. I have began talking to our attorney generals office and they are very interested in what's going on with this scheme

Comment

Money has to exchange hands for anything criminal to happen.

Comment

I guess that if you paid for a device that was suppose to work and they say it currently says it is Free to operate and they want $$, it could be free bait for the Attorney General. Actually the FBI is the law enforcement agency that might be interested since there are multiple States involved and the use of the Internet is Federal and if a device was mailed, it is Federal because of the Federal Post Office. 993F3D6A-7352-4E41-98D7-72B489B98822.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X