Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon for Hub App on iPhone 13Pro - Icon Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon for Hub App on iPhone 13Pro - Icon Size?

I'm guessing there's not much to be done as the end is nigh for the "Insteon for Hub" (IFH) app as it's generally been replaced with the Insteon Lighting app for iOS, but maybe someone has an idea...

After migrating from my iPhone XR to my new iPhone 13Pro, the icons in the IFH app are larger, resulting in 3 columns and 4 rows for a total of 12 icons per screen. My iPhone XR displays icons in 4 columns and 5 rows for a total of 20 icons per screen. This is pretty inconvenient as my 16 most referenced devices are in the default favorites screen giving me quick access to status/functions. I have several IOLinc devices and other legacy items which aren't compatible with the Insteon Lighting app.

In the Settings/About section of the App, it identifies the screen size in the iP13P as 375x667, whereas it identifies the screen size in the iPXR as 414x736. I suspect this is the issue. I'm certain the actual resolution in the new phone is higher, but I'm not sure why the IFH app is misinterpreting it.

Probably just beating a dead horse here, and I doubt there's a solution short of Insteon updating the IFH app or adding I/O Linc support to the new Lighting/Mobile app (neither seems likely), but this is a disappointing issue to have. :-(

Working...
X