iPad Can Connect, iPhone Cannot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad Can Connect, iPhone Cannot

The Insteon app on my iPhone errors with, "Unable to establish a connection with your Insteon Hub." I get the same error when connected to wi-fi or cellular network.

The Insteon app on my iPad connects without issue. I'm using the same credentials on both devices. I logged out and back into Insteon on my iPad and it works perfectly.

I do receive notifications from the Insteon app on my iPhone so it appears to be authenticated.

Insteon hub v2245-222
    My iPhone is running iOS v12.4.9
    I'm using the "Insteon for Hub" app on both my iPad and iPhone
    Last edited by ucdscott; 01-12-2021, 03:24 PM.

Both devices are on the same LAN as the Insteon hub. I'm a 20 year IT vet; there's nothing wrong with my network.

Comment

TFitzpatri8 What info do you need to troubleshoot this issue? Should I call support?

Comment

This issue may have something to do with having more than one home (Insteon hubs at two different locations).

What is required to connect remotely to an Insteon hub?
        Last edited by ucdscott; 05-16-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

One of my hubs had died.

Is it possible to restore the dead hub settings from my Insteon account to a replacement hub?

Comment

Insteon has to do that for you, but they can only do that with the current 2245-222 Hub model. You would just contact support@insteon.com and let them know you have a dead hub and go through their migration process.

https://www.insteon.com/support-know.../tag/Migration

I you already purchased a new Hub, and haven't deleted the old account, you can also request a device list from Insteon so you can add devices by ID, and then have Insteon delete the old account for you.

Comment

Working...
            X