No announcement yet.

How to delete a device in Insteon+ app? No “delete device” shows in edit device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to delete a device in Insteon+ app? No “delete device” shows in edit device

I’m valiantly trying to get my HubPro to run my Insteon wall switches for the sake of HomeKit compatibility. I need to delete a device but can’t. According to online documentation, in the Insteon+ app you select edit devices, then the device you want to delete, then hit “delete”. So easy! Except where there is supposed to a delete button there isn’t one.

Am am I missing something?

Based on everything I’ve been reading, I’m guessing this whole thing is a lost cause at this point. Insteon should be ashamed at this mess.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Last I saw, everything must be done through the IOS home app itself.

Comment

I gave up on Hub Pro HomeKit support years ago (and there appear to be no updates since, so it is likely a totally dead product, a total shame on Insteon). I recently spent about $40 total and setup a homebridge server running on a raspberry pi zero W board, and use a 2245 hub. This setup works flawlessly. I'm so happy I didn't need to replace all my Insteon devices with native HomeKit ones. You can also replicate this setup for free if you have an always-on PC at home to run the software on.

Here are the relevant links for the software and plugin I use:
      https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge
      https://github.com/kuestess/homebrid...m-insteonlocal

Comment

Try to restart the Insteon+ app after forcing it to shut down. This action can assist in resolving any momentary bugs or issues that may be impairing the functionality of the program
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-21-2023, 12:35 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X