Switch Hubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch Hubs?

I have 2 hubs on my account. I noticed when I installed the Android App (for the first time ever, used Windows before this) I guess it just picked a hub it was fond of, and I see no UI to change hubs to the one *I* would like.
    How do I specify which hub I want to connect to and manage?

Thanks

-John

Delete the Hub you don't want. Unplug it. Search for a Hub again. Only one Hub will exist. Then you can power up the other Hub.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
      Delete the Hub you don't want. Unplug it. Search for a Hub again. Only one Hub will exist. Then you can power up the other Hub.
      Thanks stusviews, but both of my hubs are active and in-use; it is not an error that I have 2 hubs on the same account.
      I need to be able to switch the app from one hub to the other and back again.
      Currently the iOS, Windows Desktop and Windows Phone versions all have a selection called "House Management" in the app Settings. This allows the app to switch between hubs.

(see attached photo)

Why doesn't the Android version have this selection, and is feature parity planned for the Android app?

-John

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

A year later but I have exactly the same problem. Was a solution found for the Android app? House selection worked fine on my iPhone.

Thanks, JR

Comment

Just ran into this issue myself. I have 2 Hubs, one each in two different homes I own. Until now, I managed by having 2 different Insteon accounts. However I'm now using Google Home/Google Assistant in both homes. You can link the Insteon service to the Google Assistant, but only via one account. There is no way to switch between accounts easily. Being able to manage both houses under one Insteon account would solve this. Another vote for this functionality in the Android version.

Comment

I have the same issue. I would like to be able to switch between hubs in the Insteon app for Android.

Comment

Same here! Do you guys realize that the Android version of "Insteon for Hub" as shown in the Google Play store was lasted updated on...get this... September 19, 2017!!!

Comment

Working...
              X