Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenes set to turn "on" at Sunset don't turn "on" at Sunset.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes set to turn "on" at Sunset don't turn "on" at Sunset.....

So... simple scene. Two devices, want them to both come on at sunset.

Set up the scene, tested manually, everything turns on and off when selected.

Set it to turn on at sunset, doesn't work, doesn't happen.

A little noodling has turned up helpful suggestions like "delete the scene on your Android, re-create it on an IOS device and then it will work".

Great, for everyone who owns both an Android and IOS device. Not exactly a large segment of humanity, I'm sure. Who owns two phones to begin with, much less one each from the two OS's?

So, I can't try that to see if it even works...

Is it pretty much a given that a sunset (or sunrise) based on or off time in a scene using the Android app simply will not work and that's "just the way it is", or is it me?

Thanks,

Todd

If you want more than one device to turn on (or off} at the same time, then create one scene with both devices and schedule the scene, not the devices.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by tmaddison View Post
      So... simple scene. Two devices, want them to both come on at sunset.

Set up the scene, tested manually, everything turns on and off when selected.

Set it to turn on at sunset, doesn't work, doesn't happen.

A little noodling has turned up helpful suggestions like "delete the scene on your Android, re-create it on an IOS device and then it will work".

Great, for everyone who owns both an Android and IOS device. Not exactly a large segment of humanity, I'm sure. Who owns two phones to begin with, much less one each from the two OS's?

So, I can't try that to see if it even works...

Is it pretty much a given that a sunset (or sunrise) based on or off time in a scene using the Android app simply will not work and that's "just the way it is", or is it me?

Thanks,

Todd
      For what it's worth, I found that the sunset/sunrise time on mine are totally and completely wrong so any scene I have set to come on at sunset does so about an hour (not exactly an hour though!) after sunset. It's really frustrating and I haven't found a fix for it besides using an app like Tasker to automatically trigger the scene at the correct sunset time.

To see if the time of sunset is wrong, open the app, click the gear icon on the lower right, and then "edit settings", then "Schedules", click the scene, then tap the on or off time where it should say sunset or sunrise, then on the lower section, it should show a little animation then the word "sunset/sunrise" in the blue bubble should change to a time. Mine currently says 6:58PM, although the correct sunset time for my area is 5:54PM.

Comment

Working...
      X