Android app crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android app crashing

I am not sure how to put it but android app just doesn't work. Anyone with the latest versions of android is facing this problem. I have contacted insteon support but haven't heard anything back. I an not even sure if they have android developers anymore. It's been 5 months and no response. They should probably just officially announce that android is not supported. The app works perfectly fine with much more features on my wife's iPhone. How can they ignore the biggest os in the market? I am on the verge of doing away with insteon products because app support is a big deal for me. Has anyone tried any third party app which works better?

Originally posted by Maximumis View Post
    I am not sure how to put it but android app just doesn't work. Anyone with the latest versions of android is facing this problem. I have contacted insteon support but haven't heard anything back. I an not even sure if they have android developers anymore. It's been 5 months and no response. They should probably just officially announce that android is not supported. The app works perfectly fine with much more features on my wife's iPhone. How can they ignore the biggest os in the market? I am on the verge of doing away with insteon products because app support is a big deal for me. Has anyone tried any third party app which works better?
    On Android 9 I also had a similar issue with the app which is solved after upgrading Android version 9 to 10, So if you are using a Android version below then 10 version then you should have to download app oldest version to work perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jackwilson View Post

On Android 9 I also had a similar issue with the app which is solved after upgrading Android version 9 to 10, So if you are using a Android version below then 10 version then you should have to download app oldest version to work perfectly.
      I found the same solution of this problem which you have mentioned.

Comment

I am not sure how to put it but android app just doesn't work. Anyone with the latest versions of android is facing this problem. I have contacted insteon support but haven't heard anything back. I an not even sure if they have android developers anymore. It's been 5 months and no response. They should probably just officially announce that android is not supported. How can they ignore the biggest os in the market? I am on the verge of doing away with insteon products because app support is a big deal for me. Has anyone tried any third party app which works better?
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:16 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Hello, we can help. Please contact support at https://www.insteon.com/support or email us at support@insteon.com.

Comment

The app is crashing on first try. It starts and runs fine on the second try. It started doing this with the last update to the Insteon app now named Director. I'm running Android 12

Comment

Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-21-2023, 10:44 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

The Android app is crashing for me too. Immediately after the crash I can start it again and it runs just fine. Go figure.

Comment

Comment

I understand your frustration with the Android app not working and the lack of support from the team. it's disappointing when a company doesn't prioritize app support for the largest OS.
                    Last edited by INSTEON John; 06-29-2023, 08:48 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I have Samsung A73, Android 13, and One UI 5.1. After updating the Android from 12 to 13, the app stopped working. When i open the app, it opens and then shows only a white screen. Nothings loads after that.
                      Anyone facing this issue?
                      Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-07-2023, 08:28 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Originally posted by maryt View Post
                        Hello, we can help. Please contact support at https://www.insteon.com/support or email us at support@insteon.com.youtube vanced apk
                        Hello, maryt.
                        Is this support address active at this time for support mails?
                        Last edited by Marki; 08-16-2023, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot and solve your Android app crashing issue. App crashes can occur due to various reasons, such as coding errors, compatibility issues, insufficient resources, or device-specific problems. Here's a step-by-step approach to address the problem:
                          1. Check for Updates: Ensure that both your app and the Android operating system are up to date. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and compatibility issues.
                          2. Restart the App: Sometimes, a simple app restart can resolve minor glitches causing crashes. Close the app completely and reopen it.
                          3. Restart Your Device: Rebooting your device can clear temporary data and refresh system processes, potentially resolving crashing issues.
                          4. Clear App Cache and Data: Go to "Settings" > "Apps" or "Applications" > [Your App] > "Storage." Then, clear both the cache and data for the app. Be aware that clearing data might reset your app's settings.
                          5. Uninstall and Reinstall: If clearing cache and data doesn't help, consider uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it from the Google Play Store.
                          6. Check Device Storage: Make sure your device has sufficient storage space available. Lack of storage can lead to app instability.
                          7. Check Permissions: If your app requires certain permissions, ensure they are granted. Navigate to "Settings" > "Apps" > [Your App] > "Permissions" and enable necessary permissions.
                          8. Check for Known Issues: Search online for any known issues or solutions related to your app. Sometimes, the developer or the community might have provided solutions.
                          9. Update Libraries and Dependencies: If you're a developer, ensure that your app's libraries and dependencies are up to date. Sometimes, outdated libraries can cause crashes.
                          10. Test on Different Devices: If you have access to multiple Android devices, try running the app on different devices. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your device.
                          11. Check for Background Processes: Some apps might conflict with each other when running in the background. Try closing or disabling unnecessary apps and see if the crashing persists.
                          12. Check Logcat for Errors: If you have access to developer tools, you can check the Logcat for error messages related to your app. This can provide insights into what's causing the crash.
                          13. Contact Developer Support: If you're unable to resolve the issue on your own, consider reaching out to the app's developer for assistance. They might have specific recommendations or fixes.
                          14. Factory Reset (Last Resort): If nothing else works and your device is still experiencing multiple app crashes, you might consider performing a factory reset. Remember to backup your important data before doing so.

Remember that troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the specific app and device you're using. If the issue persists after trying these steps, seeking assistance from a professional or the app's support team might be necessary.
                          Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-16-2023, 09:45 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I'm not able to find the Insteon for Hub app on the Play Store. Only Insteon Director is available. Is it the same as Hub?Instagram reels download
                            Last edited by Eterasai; 08-24-2023, 09:09 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I share your frustration with the Insteon Android app. It's disappointing that they seem to be neglecting the Android user base, especially given its market share. The lack of response from their support team is concerning. youtube vanced

Comment

Working...
                              X