Deleting an item from a scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting an item from a scene

I cannot delete an item from a scene. I have the new Insteon Hub and when I try to delete and item from a scene the Hub beeps once and the light turns red, then it beeps again and turns green The software says "cannot delete, try again: I have tried this from my HP laptop and also from my new samsung smart phone. What can I do?

Try Force delete.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I tried that several times. It won't delete.

Comment

I just tried to remove 3 devices from a scene and they all were removed by using the force removal and using the app on my smartphone. I tried again to remove from my laptop but it will not.

Comment

If you removed the device using a smartphone, then log out from the laptop app and log in again. the problem device(s) should be gone. Exiting the program is not sufficient, you must log out and in again.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

DONE. Thank you very much

Comment

I have been experiencing this problem since I received my new hub 2. You will notice if you use force remove the devices are still linked to each other. All force remove does is remove it from being listed on the hub, it does not kill the link between the two.

Comment

The device needs to be removed from any scene that it's a member of, first.

Comment

Stusviews: I should clarify. I am talking about removing from a scene in my post. When I remove a device from the scene it fails, I tried "try again" 26 times then finally clicked force remove and it force removed it. Unfortunately, the devices stay attached to those scenes so even now that I have three devices removed from the scene all three devices still respond to the scene commands. All force remove does is remove it from the list. It has been like this since Hub 1, my original Hub 1 removed devices from scenes just fine without having to use force remove.

I called support and told them about the problem. They said the last android update on this past Saturday would fix the problem and it did not. This is the third time support has put me off for a "later update."

Also it has been 33 days since I have emailed support and still have not received a response.

Comment

Which devices are still linked? Are those devices members of any other scene(s)?

Comment

For example, this is the latest of my experiments to get this to work. I added three switches as responders to a scene called "Backyard lights." So when you go into the app and click "on" on the backyard lights scene the three switches turn on. I removed one of these switches and of course as always is says it failed removing the switch from the scene. I click "force remove" and it removes it from the scene on the app. However, when I click "on" on the scene on the app that third light still turns on with the other two even though it is not listed in the scene anymore.

Another example is what I linked two switches together for a 3-way setup. So switch 1 controls 2 and 2 controls 1. When I remove 1 from the scene one STILL controls 2 and 2 STILL controls 1. This has been the case for 37 days now with two Hub 2 (2245-222) controllers. However, my Hub 1 controller (2242-222) adds and removes these same devices and same scene assignments without problem and the need to force remove.

In my experience "force remove" just removes the device from being listed on the scene and does not address any linking issues. Which makes sense since the error says "Failed to unlink device from scene"

Comment

Do you have the same devices added to both Hubs?

Comment

No. I do not have both hubs running. Just one at a time. I have reset all my devices used my Hub 1 to test and see if all is working fine (and it is). Then reset everything over again and install my Hub 2 only to discover my hub 2 cannot remove any device from any scene no matter what I have done for 38 days now.

Comment

If Hub 1 created a scene, even unplugging Hub won't keep the scene from occurring because the scene is written to the devices. A different Hub will not undo that scene.

Comment

Wow. Okay. Maybe I'm not being clear enough.

To repeat my previous posts, I have reset ALL devices in my network and installed the Hub 2. The Android application will add devices and add scenes it does NOT remove devices from these scenes. Every time I attempt to remove a device from a scene it says "Failed to unlink device." Forget about the Hub 1, the only reason I mentioned it was because I reset everything to troubleshoot if it was the Hub 2 causing problems or one of the devices in my network.

To summarize: Hub 2 will NOT remove ANY devices from scenes using the Android application, regardless of circumstance. I have reset all my devices over 7 times to test this theory in many different scenarios. I have tried different routers, different ISPs (yes I do have access to another ISP from my home), and different Android devices. Even if I add one plug-in controller plugged into the same receptacle as the Hub 2 it will add it to the app, and add it to a scene. However, it will not remove that device from a scene or from the app itself. If I remove that device from a scene using "Force Remove" the scene will still activate the device when I activate the scene on the Android app.

Comment

Working...
                              X