No announcement yet.

Android App won't control I/O Link garage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have confirmed it is definitely an issue with the Android app. The Set button makes the door open and close as expected and the app shows the correct status of the sensor but nothing happens when I push either button (on or off) in the app.

Comment

I wish I could help but this sounds like an app problem. I would say maybe it's not communicating with the hub, but if it's getting the sensor status then I guess it must be. Can you set up a scene that both turns on a light and opens the door? If you run the scene and the light turns on but the door does nothing then that would indicate the problem is between the hub and the I/O Link. If neither go on, then the app isn't communicating to the hub as expected. That would be the next troubleshooting step I would take, but really not sure what else to do.

Comment

I finally got the I/O Linc module to work with my Samsung S4 no thanks to Insteon’s support people. Actually some were quite helpful however they weren’t getting support from engineering. How I got it to work is mostly by luck. I stumbled upon the fact that the relay control will work when being enabled in a “scene”. If the I/O Linc device is added to a scene the relay (garage door) will operate. The only down side is that you can’t monitor the sensor status in the scene. So I added the scene(with I/O linc device) to my favorites and added the same i/o linc device in favorites alongside it. The sensor status shows up in the favorites and functions properly. For relay (garage door control) I click on the scene to operate the door. Works fine, wish it would work like it was designed though.
        Also figured out a way to use the plug in on/off module to lock the garage door, but that’s another story. Hope this helps.

Comment

With Electro's suggestion of creating a scene with only the I/O Linc, I was finally able to get it working with my Android devices.

Comment

Come on Insteon we still have this problem in 2018 ? Really ? Get going on fixing this very frustrating problem.
            I'm trying to control with android in 2018 with no success I cant believe this.

Sorry I realize scenes creation solves issues sorry I blew up!
            Last edited by ttantalo; 01-21-2018, 03:10 PM. Reason: Sorry

Comment

Working...
            X