Android App won't control I/O Link garage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android App won't control I/O Link garage door

Installed Garage Door Control Kit. Installed AOK. Sensor shows status on android phone, but I cannot control the door from the phone, or my laptop. I CAN control it with iPad though. Any thoughts? Laptop app seems lacking ( it IS a beta)

I can control garage door with both iOS and android. my android ver is 4.4.2 and Insteon App ver is 1.7.1 downloaded through google play.

I think laptop app is not able to control like your phone or ipad could. I think your android phone should work. Try clearing app cache and sign on with your userid and password. There's another possiblity that older android version is not compatible with insteon app? I am not sure what your android os version is.

Comment

I too am able to control my garage door via the Android app, though it is extremely... not nice... the On/Off buttons correspond to open/close and the status doesn't seem to update as consistently as I would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewie View Post
        I the On/Off buttons correspond to open/close
        THIS. I really wish they were labelled differently!

For some reason the I/O Linc isn't very responsive either. Sometimes its quicker to walk into the house to open the door via the wall switch than waiting for the app to finally get it done.

Comment

I noticed this as well, response from HouseLinc is almost instant but through my phone it takes a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nhk220 View Post
            Installed Garage Door Control Kit. Installed AOK. Sensor shows status on android phone, but I cannot control the door from the phone, or my laptop. I CAN control it with iPad though. Any thoughts? Laptop app seems lacking ( it IS a beta)
            Hey nhk220 - did you ever get your android app to work? I am having the same issue - I can control my garage door kit through my ipad, but the android app is not working. I just installed mine and it worked fine for 1 day through my android, but has not worked since.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. iPhone app works fine / android ver 4.4.2 with insteon app ver 1.7.1 - status indicator is good but commands are never sent. Do you have other connected devices that work?

Comment

Originally posted by CheesePatrol View Post

THIS. I really wish they were labelled differently!

For some reason the I/O Linc isn't very responsive either. Sometimes its quicker to walk into the house to open the door via the wall switch than waiting for the app to finally get it done.
                This is because the garage kit utilizes the Insteon IO linc, a low voltage controller.
                So the app still just sees a low voltage controller, and no way to distinguish them, as they are the same part.

Garage kit:
                http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-745...tatus-kit.html

IO linc:
                http://www.smarthome.com/i-o-linc-in...-in-1-out.html

Comment

I also have Android on HTC m8.
                  I have been trying to get io garage Door system working since hub 2 came out. I try again every time a new app update comes out and or hub upgrade. Phone just upgreaded to lollypop so I will try again soon. All I get is correct status not open close function.

Comment

I'm adding myself to the list of people frustrated and looking for a solution. I have a Galaxy S5 running Lollipop and Insteon app version 1.7.3.

In my case I needed to add an extender to the garage I/O Linc to bridge the house power phases and get it to finally communicate with the Hub. It took itself many less-than-confidence-inspiring attempts before the I/O Linc was finally recognized and would accept my programmed options and it seems to respond with the correct status. However, like others here I am not successful in getting the I/O Linc relay to fire via the app - tapping open/close or beating on the phone only results in a cracked screen and a stubbornly non-responsive garage door. Pressing the set button on the side of the I/O Linc will open and close the door, but defeats the entire purpose of a home automation system as one would expect.

I'll try using one of my Android/Win8 tablets later on and see if I have better luck with those.

Anyone have better luck in getting this figured out?
                    "Better to be silent and thought the fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - Attribution Contested

Comment

Tried to get mu IO garage kit to work again. Three hours of no luck. Reading owners manual is confusing. It says set up link to momentary c .
                      when you first add io link it is in latching mode. Nowaere are there instructions on what to set the app to. There are a plethora of settings to pick from, none seem to work.

Comment

Oh, and there is no momentary c modes to choose from!

Comment

Not sure if this helps but my settings are as follows and it has worked great.
                          In settings:
                          Relay Mode: Momentary Duration to 0.10 seconds.
                          Relay Commands: have it set to on closes relay, off opens relay. You could also set it to both on and off closes relay.
                          Sensor Triggers Relay: No
                          Check Sensor Before Triggering: No

Basically all the I/O link is doing is mimicking a press of the button on the garage door opener. I figured....I don't ever hold the garage door opener button down, I just push it. I push to open and I push to close. So all the garage door opener is looking for is a quick button push regardless if you want it to open or close. So I always use "ON" for both open and close. But if you set the Relay Commands differently you just need to know closing the relay is the same as pushing the button. You just want the relay to close shortly and reopen, just like you push the button quickly and release.

I suggest not checking the sensor or using the sensor or any of that, cause it can just add another thing to mess with the setup. I go with the KISS method and it seems to have run ok so far.

Comment

Hey Ryan, I tried your settings but the lowest I can set the duration to is .20 seconds. I've tried all the possible combos of relay commands as well with no luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I guess I am at a loss then. I suppose if it were me the next thing I would do is recheck the wiring. I think it can be wired a couple different ways, so checking that would be good. If need to for troubleshooting you could make just check that it's actually sending a signal with a little voltage tester or something. If you can confirm it's sending the signal maybe it's an issue with the way the garage door is set up. My garage door is a liftmaster, probably about15-16 years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X