Insteon Hub App - Public Beta - X-10 support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub App - Public Beta - X-10 support

I've been trying out the new public beta of the Insteon Hub App. There does not appear to be support for X-10 devices. Will X-10 support be added? I know it's stupid-old tech, but I still have a bunch of regular and appliance models that I use for temporary set-ups, like seasonal/holiday decorations.

Insteon dropped support for X-10 years ago. Even the original app no longer supports it. So I seriously doubt you'll see them pick up support again.

Comment

Many of the present Insteon Modules also have dropped X10 support. A few of the older designs may unofficially still take an X10 address.
      So I would also doubt X10 would ever be added again.

Comment

As already mentioned, insteon is no longer supporting x10 in future endeavors. This includes future devices that will be released one day

Comment

Going in a backwards direction from the thrust of this thread, I'm a dedicated X-10 user with no plans to change. At some point, I purchased a Model 2477D switch -- I'm sure I wouldn't have done so without having confidence I could use it with my system. However, presuming I once had some, I can no longer find instructions how to set its house and unit address codes. Anyone?

Comment

1. Turn the switch ON
            2. Press and hold its set button down for three seconds to put it into linking mode
              1. The switch LED should start blinking
            3. On your X10 controller, send the X10 address three times to the switch
              1. Depending on the X10 controller you might need to alternate pressing between house and unit codes for this. I usually just spam the buttons.
            4. Once the switch accepts the address it will stop blinking and turn Off.
            5. Test controller from your X10 controller.

I remember this being sort of a frustrating process where I had to try multiple times but hopefully this helps.

Comment

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Comment

X10 support was officially dropped years ago.
                So any new modules could drop X10 and not even tell you it was removed.
                Smartlabs partnering with Nokia for a new line of devices. Also leave the present state of Insteon up in the air.

Comment

Working...
                X