Development abandoned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Development abandoned?

Is development for this platform dead? I see that the Android app hasn't been updated in over a year and some products and still not supported in Android and require the IOS app to configure (mini remote). I moved on to Smartthings a while back but dusted off the Insteon hub and extra plugs temporarily just to automate some Christmas lights and am sad to see nothing seems to have improved on the platform.

Which hub are you using?

Comment

I hear you. Funny thing, I just purchased my kids each Insteon Mini Remotes to control stuff in their bedroom (and elsewhere) with the remote since Alexa sometimes gives them trouble. Being an Android only home, I couldn't figure out how to program the Mini Remotes using the app. After Insteon support misleading me, telling me it did support it and it would work, I finally had a friend with an iPhone install the app and use their phone to program them. I was surprised to see the differences!

And then on the Google Play store, the "Insteon for Hub" app shows the latest update as being September 19, 2017. Seriously?!

I have 34 Insteon devices in my home, and I'm beginning to regret that decision based solely on the fact it seems they have given up on software development...and that can only foreshadow the technology overall, right?!

Comment

Just tried setting up a second hub for my office. Can't do it because the android app doesn't support. Guess this company won't be around with planning like this. Should have gone with Nest. Don't they know more people are moving to Android?

Comment

Oh yeah the Windows app is worthless too. Can't even remove a camera that doesn't exist anymore. The second house setup button is there, but I was told by support that it doesn't function. Thanks for having a button on the app that makes you spend hours trying to figure how to setup the second hub then finally resort to calling support to have them tell you that that functionality doesn't work. SWEET!!!

Comment

Treat insteon as a solid lighting control use others as a composer,

Comment

Software has never been insteon's strong suite. Making hardware is a different story. At it's price point, their switches are second to none.

There are other, much better options to the hub. Unfortunately you get what you pay for which is why insteon's solution is sorely lacking .This is especially true when comparing the hub to the isy, homeseer, indigo, and many others.

Comment

Working...
              X