REST API question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REST API question...

Anyone here have access to the REST API?
    I'm fighting with the lack of being able to set an offset to Sunrise/Sunset, and I'm trying to determine if the issue is with the 'Insteon for HUB' app (any flavor), or with the firmware that's in the Hub itself...Can anyone 'list' the commands available through the API?
    I was going to try and register for an API key, but you've got to tell them what app you're trying to build as part of the registration process -- they say they'll see if they think that app is 'worthy' before granting a license key

Given there aren't any 3rd party software developers flocking to build such Insteon HUB II App. I believe you should still apply for the API access and see what happens. I would temper that with the knowledge you may be waiting a real long time for someone to review and acknowledge the request though. Because there have been several long time developers from Home Seer that waited weeks to months before they ever got a reply. Some to this very day haven't seen a reply at all.

I honestly can't understand why any company who really wants to make a mark in the Home Automation industry doesn't offer more direct support for the very same. Lastly, sometime this year all of the developer documentation was pulled from the Insteon website?!?!

Again, I have to shake my head as to the reason(s) why because there simply isn't hundreds, thousands, millions, of people wanting to develop for Insteon. So it only makes sense to release the information for not only the novice, hobbyist, but for the casual developer interested in doing so.

Good luck and circle back with the final outcome . . .
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
    X