Scene schedules not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene schedules not working

So, I have a fairly basic two scenes setup going on.

I have a light bulb and a motion sensor, and when the sensor detects motion, the light turns on.

I have two scenes. One scene is supposed to only be active from 6:45 am to 11:00 pm with 100% brightness. The second scene is supposed to do the same thing except at 25% brightness and only be active from 11:01 pm to 6:44 am.

For some reason scene one (100%) works all the time instead of the given time. So, the second scene (25%) never kicks on. Is there something I'm missing to get it to work during the right time?

Scenes cannot be scheduled to run during certain hours. They can be scheduled to turn on or off at specific times.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Scenes cannot be scheduled to run only during certain hours. They can be scheduled to turn on and/or off at specific times.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Scenes cannot be scheduled to run only during certain hours. They can be scheduled to turn on and/or off at specific times.

Comment

The duplicate posts are the result of getting a series of error messages.

Comment

So I think I'm understanding the difference. So the light will come on at said time, and then turn off at the other said time. But after that, the scene will still be controlled by the motion sensor no matter what.

Is there a better way to have it set up the way I'm wanting it?

Comment

You need something more sophisticated than the Hub to accomplish what you want to do.

Comment

I have been unable to get scenes working for some weeks now. I have Android version 5679, Bin Version Hub2-V04-20140904, PLM version 9D. The devices I am scheduling are dimmer switches. I have no problem connecting to hub, adding and controlling the devices from the Android app. But the scenes simply do turn the devices on or off at all.

Comment

I have been unable to get scenes working for some weeks now. I have Android version 5679, Bin Version Hub2-V04-20140904, PLM version 9D. The devices I am scheduling are dimmer switches. I have no problem connecting to hub, adding and controlling the devices from the Android app. But the scenes simply do turn the devices on or off at all. Scenes have always been a problem, but now I can't get them to work at all.

Comment

Sorry... correction to my last post... Scenes simply do NOT turn the devices on or off at all.

Comment

I have created a number (11) of scenes. Some have schedules enabled with explicit on and/or off times. Some of these scenes (at least two) actually run the schedules. Some of these scenes (at least two) seem to ignore the scheduled times. I can use Hub App to explicitly turn on/off any of the schedules at will and they otherwise behave as expected.

One that doesn't work is named 'Sunset' though actually configured for 'on' at 5:xx PM and has 11 devices as members.
                      One that does seem to work (named 'Sunrise' though actually configured for on at :5:45 AM) has only 2 devices as members.

My current plan is to create three separate (a,b,c) sunset scenes with 3 or 4 devices each and see if I have better luck.
                      Is it possible that one of the 11 devices could be causing grief with the schedule for the entire scene?

What is the correct way to isolate a scene scheduling problem?
                      This reminds me of issues I had with EzBridge from 2007 which worked great except for unreliable scene schedules.
                      Apparently I am doing something wrong.
                      This house was built in 1923 though HouseLinc doesn't show any connectivity issues...
                      Last edited by landis; 02-09-2015, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Very curious. I followed through with the plan to create schedules with 3 to 5 devices to run after the fixed time 'sunset' schedule. I've been monitoring this for most of the week. Now all of the schedules are working great including the one with 11 devices. This has start time before the new scenes so I have more verification left to finish. I had made all of the scene schedule changes using android app just in case that makes a difference as had been suggested in a different thread. Good news is that everything seems to be working great which makes me happy. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                        X