Garage I/O Linc and Windows phone App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage I/O Linc and Windows phone App

I am new to Insteon this weekend and the first thing I wanted the system for was to monitor our garage status and be able to open the garage door from my phone. After finally getting everything installed, I can see when the garage door is shut with a "green" status on the icon on any of my Window PC's or tablets. However, on my windows phone app the garage door icon has no color which makes be think it is open and not closed. My only options when I select the garage door icon is On or Off. On my tablets I also get a "more" option which can give me more details. Most of the reason I got this system was to monitor the garage door - am I missing something in how I set it up or set up my app?

​By the way, I also have an LED bulb which my phone app shows "green" when it is on so know the app will show the green status.

I've also run into this problem. Based on how a door sensor works (gray == closed, red == opened), I think the garage door is reporting "closed" even when it is open.

I've also tried it on my wife's iPad - there the status is reported correctly, so this seems to be a bug specifically with the windows phone app. :-(

Comment

I've noticed the same thing regarding difference in colors on the Windows 8 app versus the Windows Phone app. I haven't found a way around that. Just hoping they release a firmware or app update that resolves it.

​As for the "More" option to get more information, this does exist on the phone app. It's just displayed differently. The name of the I/O Linc device that you've labeled it with shows up underneath On/Off option. You can tap this label to get the more information screen.

Comment

I just set up my I/O Link for the garage door as well and noticed this. It's irksome.
        Windows App: GREEN icon when closed, GREY when open
        ​Windows Phone App: GREY when closed, GREEN when open.
        No red anywhere to be found. I personally would like green when closed and red when open.

I have some other feedback I am passing along to support such as:
        ​When I/O Linc is set to "On or Off closes relay", it should switch from separate Turn On/Turn Off buttons to a single "Activate" button.

Expand the alerting for I/O Linc to disable monitoring when activated (on or off), but have alerts when sensor status changes enabled instead (maybe even set a delay after being activated to report sensor status to allow time for the door to close). This would allow more accurate "Garage door open" and "Garage door closed" status alerts. In the meantime, I am using a regular door sensor next to the I/O Linc sensor to get correct status updates. :/
        Last edited by JodyL1971; 01-03-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Glad to know I am not the only one having the issue. Must not have been something I did wrong. Thanks for the clue on hitting the label underneath as that helps. Totally agree with the concept that it would be great if the on/off buttons just turned to Activate or a single button. Doesn't seem the garage kit is specific enough to a garage. Could be a bit more simple.

Comment

Any news on this? I had the same issue in Dec. and support said an update would be coming in a couple weeks. Almost two months later and nothing has changed for me.

Comment

Im having the same issue. Just installed the garage kit today and having very mixed results between Windows app and Windows phone app. It seems as if there is a bug in the "monitor and display sensor status" vs "monitor and display relay status". The actual state seems to be reflected in the device details page on the Windows app, but not always on the windows phone app. When viewing the device tile (non-details) in favorites, scenes, all devices, etc. it is never correct. I can sometimes get the Windows app the have the correct icon state (green for open, gray for closed). So I thought I finally had it configured and working properly. So I opened both the Windows app and the Windows phone app at the same time, side by side, and much to my surprise the status on the Windows app quickly refreshed to be the status the phone app was displaying, the always wrong gray. (another bug!??)

Anyone else have any better results with this on Windows app and/or Windows Phone app? What do your settings look like for the device details?

Comment

I can't seem to get the alerts to send.
                iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
                iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
                iPod
                Android tablet Version 4.0.4
                Hub II: 1F.66.64
                Firmware: 5679
                Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
                PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
                2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
                1 Motion sensor
                3 keypad
                3 outlet
                4 wall switches
                1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've had this problem for a couple of years now. Insteon doesn't seem interested in fixing this, or any other issue related to the Windows apps.

Comment

Working...
                  X