cant use remote access without my wifi network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant use remote access without my wifi network

hi..im new with insteon...I installed everything with n o problems aven my add ons and everything works perfectly with my wifi connection but when I try to use it outside of my home with my 4g phone its impossible to connect....it connects even to the server but cant connect to the hub without using my wifi connection.....can someone help me to set it by remote access?

thanks

Settings > About INSTEON App > Remote Access Guide

But not just now. Seems to be down. Try later or tomorrow.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I've done all that too and still doesn't work. Their instructions are really bad and half the links on their site don't work. I've never been impressed with Insteon but my dad keeps buying me the products so I try to make work.

Comment

What router do you have?

Comment

There are 2 options really.

The first is to go to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ and enter your router model.
          Then select Insteon hub
          It will walk you through port forwarding inyour router for remote access.

Also you can call Insteon support 800.762.7846 and they can do a screen sharing session and forward it for you.

Comment

Working...
          X