Windows 8 and Phone 8 Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8 and Phone 8 Apps

I've read on various online magazines that INSTEON Hub apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 were coming out on June 1st. What is the status of this? Thanks!

Sorry if I reply to myself, but the Insteon Hub app for Windows 8 has just appeared in the Store. Now, I patiently wait for the Windows Phone 8/8.1 app :-)

Comment

INSTEON is proud to announce that the Windows 8 application “INSTEON for Hub” has been released to the general public this morning. It will take some hours for the application to fully populate the Microsoft eco-system but users will be able to download this version to their tablets and desktop devices running Windows 8 later today.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...b-43c25e769f03

The Windows Phone application will be released tomorrow. The phone application does not take as much time to propagate the Microsoft Network and will be available tomorrow morning.

Comment

Ok, first questions :-)

I've installed the Insteon for Hub app on Windows 8.1 Pro. The app start fine and asks me to login or create an account. I have an account already, so I've entered my username and password and I got the following error:

Error
        Get hub information failed.

Since I'm not at home right now, I though this could be due to the fact that I haven't yet configured the app for remote access (my home router is configured for remote access). However, I cannot find anywhere in this app how to enter my remote access configuration. The app has no settings apart from enabling/disabling permissions to get my current location and display notifications.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Comment

For Remote Access Configuration information, you will have to
          - go home
          - slide to the right side of the screen
          - Tap the "Remote Access Guide" Tile

Or go here: http://www.insteon.com/port-forward-home.html

If you already have remote access setup on your router, you may be able to set it now.
          - Make sure you've assigned a static IP address for your Hub through your router or the App.
          - The default port for the INSTEON Hub is 25105.

Call INSTEON Support if you are at all uncomfortable with
          configuring Remote Access: 1-866-243-8022

Comment

Actually, I just tested the Public Version of the Windows App.

It seems that the server is not up yet.
            I wasn't able to connect to my Hub with the Public, but I was able to connect with the Beta Version of the App.

Comment

Hi dpham, thanks for your replies. Indeed my problem is that I cannot even login, I keep getting the error "get hub information failed". I'm home now and still same problem. However, I can login using the web app, although for example all the sensors have a yellow status instead of the red or green. I'm trying with the Android app on my wife's phone.

Update: same behaviour on Android as on the web: I can login, but then everything has status Unknown. I also notice that I'm not receiving any email notification. Until yesterday I was receiving emails for configured open/close sensors within a minute of the sensor being activated.
              Last edited by shinsenai; 06-02-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X