Can't Update Keypad Button Count from 6 to 8 in Lighting App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Update Keypad Button Count from 6 to 8 in Lighting App

I bought a hub to replace my ISY device and have been using the Insteon Lighting app to try and create scenes. My original installation of lighting switches dates from around 2008 (8 - Keypads, ~30 dimmers) . Many have failed over the years and been replaced but some of the originals are are still working.

I noticed when I started using the Lighting app that my old 8 button keypads (2486D) are identified as 6 button once registered (have tried to remove and re-register multiple times - same result); that the button status line is slow to read when I am in edit device mode and that; when I try and toggle from 6 to 8, the change 'sticks' initially in the app but then in a few seconds jumps back to 6 within a few seconds. I have not successfully been able to program the Main button in the app as a result on these switches.

The keypads in question can be programmed manually but of course that defeats the purpose of having the hub and using the app.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work around?

Glad to see the hubs are working again. Also glad my procrastination was rewarded and the cavalry came over the hills waving a subscription service . I happily signed up.

just seeing if this post I had made can get bumped back to the top for any thoughts/solutions or just to put this issue in the queue of things to hopefully get fixed.

Comment

I'm delighted, the problem came from the decoder for me so they changed it to me

Comment

Working...
      X