Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create a scene where motion sensor will only turn off lights after countdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a scene where motion sensor will only turn off lights after countdown?

I have a Motion Sensor II purchased quite awhile ago (well over a year or two ago) that is in my bathroom. It is somehow setup to turn off all of my bathroom lights and the bathroom fan after the motion countdown expires, which is currently set to 15 minutes. It does NOT turn my lights on...just off. How the heck did I do this?!!

Reason I ask is because I have been having issues where about 50% of the time, the lights will never turn off. So I opened the App and tried to find the scene I had created with this motion sensor. I couldn't find it! I even looked in the old app. It shows that the motion sensor is not part of ANY scene...what?!!

So I have no idea how this is working now. It's like a lost scene. Maybe I bug in the app, or the hub software? No idea...

When I started to create a new scene with a new motion sensor for a new bathroom to do the same thing, I couldn't figure it out. It looks like the only things I can do are turn off lights immediately when motion is detected, or turn lights on immediately. Or turn them on only.

Very strange. Is it even possible to create a motion scene where the lights will go off after the "Motion Coundtown" has expired?

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
    You had to have used another app or service that used the motion end event as a trigger. Stringify/Comcast or Yonomi or ???
    Thanks! That's indeed what I did...totally forgot about that! It was driving me crazy.

I am using Yonomi to do it. That's cool, because since I can't currently create new scenes (re: my other post), I should be able to create another activity in Yonomi to do the same thing with additional motion sensors I just purchased.

Thanks again for the tip!

Screenshot_20210103-235921_Yonomi.jpg

Comment

Working...
    X