Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Locks hardware

Hi All,
    I'm trying to figure out what door lock (deadbolt) I should get to work with my insteon hub.
    Do i need other hardware?
    I found "INSTEON REMOTE CONTROL DOOR LOCK CONTROLLER" but its discontinued
    any assistance would be great

Pete

There are no other Insteon compatible locks. BTW, a problem with the Insteon controller for MiLocks is that status, locked or unlocked, was not reported. You may want to consider a smartlock or Z-Wave lock. The latter requires a Z-Wave controller.

The ISY ia a very powerful Insteon controller, allows creating conditional (if this, then do that) and, with the optional Z-Wave module, can control Z-Wave devices. Although the iSY is somewhat costly, there's nothing more powerful that's fully self-contained. A browser is needed only to set it up, from that point on the ISY is independent.

You can start with the lowest cost ISY and add to it as your budget permits, for example, you can upgrade to the Pro at any time
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the info I will try to figure it out for more.

myACPNY
      Last edited by SandersADS1; 11-25-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X