ON/OFF module to control doorlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON/OFF module to control doorlock

hey guys.. i live in a country where only 220v/50hz exists. unfortuntely, non of the low voltage modules exist in instead..
    so i was thinking of combining an on/off micro module (110-240v/50-60hz) with a contractor that would be energised by the module (in momentary mode) to pass a 24volt current from an aftermarket adapter (220v in - 24v out) to the electric door strike..
    do u think that would work?
    and if does any1 know how increase the time for the momentary mode to (e.g. 5-6 seconds)?

I use about 6 seconds to control a gate lock, so 5-6 seconds seems right for your use. But how will you trigger the On/Off Micro Module?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
      I use about 6 seconds to control a gate lock, so 5-6 seconds seems right for your use. But how will you trigger the On/Off Micro Module?
      i don't need a trigger .. i will use it to open the door from my phone app. (i.e. : open app: door ON--> module turned on--> contractor energised--> 24v passed thru contractor to electric door strike.) seem right to you?
      my previous question was will i be able to define the number of seconds in the micro module in momentary mode.???

Comment

No, you will have to turn the Micro Module on, then off. The momentary mode is for use with a momentary contact switch.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

then in case i will use a open/close module and use the time inside to achieve this function.. and i will put it in momentary mode and connected to a push button near the door to use when i am going out for little bit more convenience

Comment

Door control module: The door control module or the master window switch is what typically controls the functions of the windows and the door locks. It receives any signals from the remote related to door locks or window functions.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:36 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
            X