Dimmer switch not sending broadcast message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer switch not sending broadcast message

I'm experimenting with advanced scene control using nodejs. I am able to send messages to the dimmer switch to turn it on/off, dim, etc. and the switch responds, but if I physically change the switch, shouldn't it send a broadcast back to the PLM? I also have a door open/close sensor, and I receive broadcast messages from that. Any idea why the switch doesn't send anything?

Thanks for the reply. So the PLM is a controller of the switch and the switch is a responder only. So in theory if I made the switch a controller of anything else, it would also broadcast? Or does it have to be the PLM?

So the door open/close sensor automatically works because it is a controller only?

Comment

Yes the switch has to be a Controller for the PLM that should then have the Responder link for the switch. In its Link Database.
      If you have the switch linked to other modules as a Controller but not the PLM. I believe it still will not see the broadcast.

Comment

Thanks again...i made the link bidirectional so the switch controls the PLM and the PLM controls the switch and everything works

Comment

Working...
        X