X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• byoung2
    started a topic Dimmer switch not sending broadcast message

Dimmer switch not sending broadcast message

I'm experimenting with advanced scene control using nodejs. I am able to send messages to the dimmer switch to turn it on/off, dim, etc. and the switch responds, but if I physically change the switch, shouldn't it send a broadcast back to the PLM? I also have a door open/close sensor, and I receive broadcast messages from that. Any idea why the switch doesn't send anything?

• byoung2
    replied
    Thanks again...i made the link bidirectional so the switch controls the PLM and the PLM controls the switch and everything works

Leave a comment:

• BLH
    replied
    Yes the switch has to be a Controller for the PLM that should then have the Responder link for the switch. In its Link Database.
    If you have the switch linked to other modules as a Controller but not the PLM. I believe it still will not see the broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• byoung2
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. So the PLM is a controller of the switch and the switch is a responder only. So in theory if I made the switch a controller of anything else, it would also broadcast? Or does it have to be the PLM?

So the door open/close sensor automatically works because it is a controller only?

Leave a comment:

• TFitzpatri8
    replied
    That requires that you first link the switch as a controller of the PLM.

Insteon controllers broadcast signals only after they have at least one responder device in their link database, and require that the matching responder link be present in the responder's database in order for two-way signal acknowledgements and cleanup messages to operate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X