Establishing KeypadLinc groups from PLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Establishing KeypadLinc groups from PLM

I have a new KeypadLinc (2334-222) because the old one (2486DW) died. I am trying to get it set up to respond to the same group commands as the old one, so that I can have separate scenes controlled from each button (B-H).

Here's how the old one is configured:
    Code:
    07.DA.EB: plm controls groups (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) and responds to groups (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
    Here's how the new one is configured:
    Code:
    58.06.08: plm controls groups (1) and responds to groups (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
    I want the two to be the same.

I've tried to connect PLM and KeypadLinc using button presses and failed. (I first paired each button on the KeypadLinc to the PLM by pressing each KeypadLinc button (B-H) followed by the KeyPadLinc set button, followed by the PLM set button until they beeped. Then, I went the other way, pressing the PLM set button followed by the KeypadLinc button (B-H) and the KeyPadLinc set button until they both beeped. But unfortunately, it’s only showing one directional communication in the list above, and indeed only allows me to get the buttons presses, but not change the button LED states.)

I am looking for a solution to get the new KeypadLinc to connect to the PLM like the old one. If that can be done with button presses, great! I would also be completely fine having the PLM do it through PLM commands, but I've searched the developer documentation and can't figure out the codes to make it happen.

Could someone give me some concrete steps to take to make this work? I've spent far too much time trying things and making no headway.

Thanks.
    Last edited by contra; 04-19-2021, 02:43 PM.

Are you trying to do this with a controller {HUB ISY994i} or with all manual Set Button sequences?

Comment

I'm have the Insteon 2413U PLM with a Windows command line interface to send commands. Accomplishing it with the manual Set Buttons would be great too. I don't care how it's accomplished.

Comment

Working...
      X