Powerlink 2413U with Smartenit Pogoplug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerlink 2413U with Smartenit Pogoplug

I have connected the 2413U to a Smartenit PogoPlug device via USB to use X10 modules. But it does not seems to work (I used with the iphone app Smartenit.
    My voltage is 220v, so I use the Powerlink with a transformer because it is 110v. Maybe this is why it does not work.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

How can I make it work and solve this dilemma?

Comment

I can't find the Pogoplug on the Smartenit web site.
          Is it their Harmony P2 6007C model? That can do Insteon and X10 with an optional 2413U PLM? Sales page says 2412U but I suspect the present 2413U is what folks use now.

You said your voltage is 220VAC. Is it 220VAC 50Cy? The 2413U PLM is strictly a 60Cy module. It will not run at 50Cy even with a 220 VAC to 110 VAC transformer. Also the transformer probably is stopping the power line signals from interfacing with the power lines.

Comment

Yes, it is the harmony P2, and it is 60hz
            The current here is 220v, 50hz
            It is what I thought so there is no use. It will never work.

Comment

The step up converter works with 50/60hz do maybe that is not an issue. Maybe the X10 signal gets lost because of the Converter.

Comment

Thanks for the information on it beig a Harmony P2 and the step down transformer.

The converter looks like it is specified to work with 50Hz or 60Hz but I don't think it would convert the frequency from 50Hz to 60Hz between the input and output.

If your AC Input is 220V, 50Hz. The converter is probably outputting 120V, 50Hz. So the 2413U will not have the correct signal timing and will not work.

Comment

Ok, yes you’re right. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X