PowerLinc 2413U Version Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerLinc 2413U Version Numbers

I'm looking to purchase an open box 2413U, but I want to make sure it hasn't been sitting on the shelf forever. Can anyone provide a list of the version numbers Insteon shipped?

Thank you in advance

Tenaya

I can not say about the 2413U. The latest 2413S I have seen folks receiving is V2.4.
    I know Smarthome's web site is now showing a 2000 Link database but I have not seen any 2413S above 2.4 and it has the 1000 Link Database.
    You can ask the vendor what the hardware version and date coed are. Should be on a white sticker on the back.

Comment

BLH, thanks for the response

I have asked the vendor for that information, but haven't heard back yet.

Does Insteon keep the 2413S and the 2413S at the same version numbers? In other words, when they update one, do they update the other one?

Thanks,

Tenaya

Comment

I don't know if they are the same hardware revision between the 2413U and 2413S. Since they are both made from the same 2413 Base PCB with a USB or Serial Daughter board. I would expect both models would increment the hardware revision for updates. I just don't know if they are the same between them.

Comment

That's helpful. I agree with you that the hardware revision is likely the same for both.

Thanks,

Tenaya

Comment

Originally posted by Tenaya View Post
            Does Insteon keep the 2413S and the 2413S at the same version numbers? In other words, when they update one, do they update the other one?
            Yes, we try to keep them the same and this does not always happen. Sometimes there is an update to just one model. In 2016, only the serial version was updated to 2.4 while the USB was unchanged and stayed at 2.3. Later we made an update that effected both models and all were bumped to 2.5, which is the latest as of this posting.

Comment

INSTEON John I just called the customer support line and was told that 2.3 is the current version of the 2413u. Is the CS information out of date? Will a 2.5 will be shipped if ordered today or is it not shipping yet?

Comment

It could be that their selling inventory has not gotten to the updated rev 2.5 yet. Most manufacturers will sell the older revisions first before they move onto the newer.

Comment

They have been showing the larger 2000 Link Database on their sales site since at least Memorial Day. Yet we are still seeing reports of V2.4 2413S units being recently received. That I know still is 1000 links.

Comment

I do not see that listed anymore. I see it back to the 1000 links. It was probably a mistake on sh.com.

Comment

It does look like mistake. I also see it is now back to 1000.

Comment

I just looked at the web site. The "technical details" show 1000+ links. That may lead to the 2000 noted but not yet delivered.

Comment

Working...
                        X