Multiple PLMs on the same network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple PLMs on the same network

I just got a second PLM so that I can have one running my HA software and a second one just for software development.

I think I know the answer to this but I want to check: if I want the new PLM to see what's going on around the network (monitor) as well as to be able to send commands, do I need to put links from the PLM to every device? In both directions?

Yes. For the new PLM to see messages from the modules and also control them.

If you want to monitor messages between other modules not specifically sent to the new PLM's address. You will have to put it into the monitor mode and it will then see messages from modules that have a link in its Link Database.
    Last edited by BLH; 12-20-2016, 09:27 AM.

Comment

BLH, do you know the command to put the PLM in monitor mode? I'm using the datasheet here: http://www.madreporite.com/insteon/commands.htm

Comment

It is not in that commands.htm
        It is in the Insteon Modem Developers Guide.
        http://cache.insteon.com/pdf/INSTEON..._20071012a.pdf
        Page 43 Set IM Configuration 0x02 0x6B

Comment

Thanks BLH!

Comment

A PLMN typically consists of several cellular technologies like GSM/2G, UMTS/3G, LTE/4G, offered by a single operator within a given country, often referred ...FMWhatsApp

Comment

hello guys,
              Having multiple PLMs (Pre-trained Language Models) on the same network can bring numerous benefits. It allows for diverse perspectives and expertise, leading to enhanced understanding and generation of text. Different PLMs can specialize in various domains or languages, enabling more comprehensive and accurate responses. Moreover, combining multiple models can mitigate biases and provide a broader range of insights. Overall, leveraging multiple PLMs enriches the capabilities of the network and improves the quality of its output.

Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-29-2023, 08:50 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

If your device configuration and PLM Integration are ok then I think you don't have to put the links from the PLM to every device.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-06-2023, 03:14 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                X