touchlinc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

touchlinc?

Make connect.insteon work with this device.
    That would be great!!
    I can get to the page but it loads badly and freezes.
    Come on Insteon revamp the touchlinc!!

Touchlinc has been discontinued for many years as is the houselinc software that runs on it. Unfortunately there will not be any updates for it

Comment

Th challenge is to try and make the device work for insteon.connect

Comment

Once again, it's been discontinued and the hardware/software is obsolete. That's like trying to get modern apps to work on windows 95

Comment

Yeah I know , I made it work so that will have to do. insteon.connect is still in beta so that's why it doesn't show up properly?
          Just a thought, if Insteon developed an all in one software, an updated home automation touchscreen maybe a money maker.
          Last edited by ttantalo; 06-25-2017, 03:28 AM.

Comment

You gotta know your consumer base. A touchscreen from RTI, control 4, creation, etc. generally cost a thousand dollars or more. Insteon customers are not spending that type of money. For insteon to sell a tablet they would have to sell it for much more than people are probably willing to pay

There is no money in developing a touchscreen. It's ​​​​Cheaper for someone to buy a cheap tablet and download a free app.

Comment

Originally posted by richaree View Post
              You gotta know your consumer base. A touchscreen from RTI, control 4, creation, etc. generally cost a thousand dollars or more. Insteon customers are not spending that type of money. For insteon to sell a tablet they would have to sell it for much more than people are probably willing to pay

There is no money in developing a touchscreen. It's ​​​​Cheaper for someone to buy a cheap tablet and download a free app.
              Well I guess its time to offer something different because its stale. Its time for somebody to come up with a better idea.
              FIX THE SOFTWARE because nobody wants dull and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                Well I guess its time to offer something different because its stale. Its time for somebody to come up with a better idea.
                FIX THE SOFTWARE because nobody wants dull and boring.
                The software *is* fixed. You can run a touch capable app on your choice of Windows, iOS or Android tablet or other device, and stick it on the wall. A physical device designed for wall mounting with nice integrated power (or PoE, which would be ideal) will cost upwards of $1,000 though, so good luck with that. But, yes, it's completely fixed.

For $500, you can pick up a touch screen AIO computer with 18" or 20" display, and a wall mount, mount it, and use Windows Assigned Access to let it only run the Insteon Hub app. Or you can also let it run several apps - heck, you can even use the built-in Cortana to do fully voice controlled Insteon home automation. And you're not tied to Insteon - you could run any arbitrary application.

So, tell me, where is the niche that a wall mount touchscreen will fill? With the other vendors, they're sold via dealers and are one of the only methods of control ... Insteon isn't that way, you can bring any device you want to it.
                Last edited by jec6613; 01-17-2018, 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                X